News Asus Teases ROG Crosshair X670E Gene For Zen 4 CPUs

escksu

Reputable
BANNED
Aug 8, 2019
Looks like it will cost $799 or even $999

It looks like amd has reduce the number of chipsets from 3 to 2 (no more A series). Now we get X670 extreme, X670 and B650.

No mention of overclocking on B650 so it may not support it (nothing to do with chipset, it's solely a business decision). So this is likely the new line up. B series will replace previous A. X670 is the new B series while X670E is the flagship.

Basic X670 boards will likely cost as much as R7600x. And we already know how much 7600x will cost (expect it to be same or more than 5600x launch price).

The only good news is that ddr5 prices are coming down.

escksu

Reputable
BANNED
Aug 8, 2019
If it's expensive, I'm skipping it. And usually I'm an early adopter. Motherboard prices have gone outta control.

Yes, board prices are ridiculous these days. It started with alderlake where boards could cost over usd$1k... Alderlake is not even hedt and prices are crazy. I still don't understand why would a board cost way more than a 12900KS....

Worst of all, despite the price, we aren't getting better features.. at least in the old days. Higher end boards have additional pcie switches so we get more slots. But we no longer see that today.

DougMcC

Commendable
Sep 16, 2021
Yes, board prices are ridiculous these days. It started with alderlake where boards could cost over usd$1k... Alderlake is not even hedt and prices are crazy. I still don't understand why would a board cost way more than a 12900KS....

Worst of all, despite the price, we aren't getting better features.. at least in the old days. Higher end boards have additional pcie switches so we get more slots. But we no longer see that today.

Well, that would surely be good news, right? Because if you aren't getting any features with the high end boards, you can just buy the low end?