Asus Teases Uber Skinny Eee PC and Tablet Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

The tablet that jumps out at you is cleaaarly going to utilise glassesless 3D.

tibla

Distinguished
May 27, 2011
[citation][nom]Cubits[/nom]The tablet that jumps out at you is cleaaarly going to utilise glassesless 3D.[/citation]

Judging by the pics, it'll be a tablet that "breaks" out of the net(note)book?

Doom3klr

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
The original ee pc was a 7inch netbook that had xp or linux. Wich was cool they should make another 7 inch netbook but this time a gaming one.

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
[citation][nom]Doom3klr[/nom]The original ee pc was a 7inch netbook that had xp or linux. Wich was cool they should make another 7 inch netbook but this time a gaming one.[/citation]

7" gaming netbook? Lol, why? You've got an even smaller display on your phone, why not use that?

lollo

Distinguished
May 28, 2011
look the 4 image :)

http://www.chromeos.eu/2011/05/28/esclusiva-asus-ecco-la-quarta-immagine-del-nuovo-prodotto/

catchercradle

Distinguished
May 27, 2009
For me No I do not need Windoz£ I don't need it on my desktop and if I get a netbook/tablet etc. I won't need it there. I have now used Linux exlusively on my desktop for over 10 years and don't see any reason to change.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
"is Windows still a firm requirement for your everyday needs"

My requirement for any new computer is no OS. I'll deal with the installation myself, and I prefer dual-boot. It's amazing how much $h!t one needs to go through in order to get a laptop without an OS.

robisinho

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2010
they were the first to introduce linux way back in 2007 .. what do they mean, introduce it on their own eee brand? because I got in trouble back in 1999 ordering a laptop with linux on it, and it was old hat by then

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
[citation][nom]amk-aka-phantom[/nom]"is Windows still a firm requirement for your everyday needs"My requirement for any new computer is no OS. I'll deal with the installation myself, and I prefer dual-boot. It's amazing how much $h!t one needs to go through in order to get a laptop without an OS.[/citation]

Did you try formatting the hard drive?

Hatecrime69

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2008
I wouldn't mind linux as long as it's not that cruddy linux distro they used on the 701. Then again I'm not sure I'd want win 7 starter on it either...win 7 premium, ubuntu, or nothing at all if you ask me

vider

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2008
The following is a showcase of performance differences between an Intel based Atom netbook and an AMD Bobcat C-series based netbook. I will take ANY DAY an AMD solution over an Intel one. Atom CPU's preaty much made me stay away from that market segment, I was hoping that AMD would have something better than what Intel had to offer, my waiting is over, thanks to AMD.

The reason to as why anyone would want to get a Netbook, is because of it's weight. As a student, caring a Notebook around school from 08:00 to 18:00, is a pain. So a netbook for that market segment, fits the bill.

Asus 1015PX (Intel Atom N570)
http://mobilityupdate.com/netbooks/atom-n570-review/

Asus 1215B (AMD C-Series C-50)
http://mobilityupdate.com/netbooks/asus-1215b-review/

Judge for yourself.

ProDigit10

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2010
[citation][nom]vider[/nom]The following is a showcase of performance differences between an Intel based Atom netbook and an AMD Bobcat C-series based netbook. I will take ANY DAY an AMD solution over an Intel one. Atom CPU's preaty much made me stay away from that market segment, I was hoping that AMD would have something better than what Intel had to offer, my waiting is over, thanks to AMD.The reason to as why anyone would want to get a Netbook, is because of it's weight. As a student, caring a Notebook around school from 08:00 to 18:00, is a pain. So a netbook for that market segment, fits the bill.Asus 1015PX (Intel Atom N570)http://mobilityupdate.com/netbooks/atom-n570-review/Asus 1215B (AMD C-Series C-50)http://mobilityupdate.com/netbooks/asus-1215b-review/Judge for yourself.[/citation]
Yawn!

feeddagoat

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
The asus memo still looks to be the best upcoming tablet/phone. Tho nearly all tablets lack SD card or usb ports that can read from a memory stick. this means tablets will alway relay on a laptop or desktop over being a replacement.

G

I'm actually a little interested in google chrome on something like this. Supposedly chrome will be completely locked down so I would feel safer doing banking/investing. But yes, I definitely still need windows on my desktop.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]memadmax[/nom]can't wait for the tablet fad to be over....[/citation]
me too...it's holding back the evoulution of proper computers

iamtheking123

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
[citation][nom]molo9000[/nom]The only thing that keeps Windows on my desktop is gaming.[/citation]
+ the fact that Windows is about a thousand times easier to tweak and configure than linux. And every piece of hardware supports Windows, but it can still be a crapshoot if it'll work properly on Linux (without a shitload of hacking). I love Linux, but Windows has a place.

Anyhoo, I look at a tablet as a big brother to the ye-olde Palm Pilot. They were great for scribbling notes, stylus based games, etc. Some of us would like a stylus based tablet that doesn't necessarily have a keyboard, and can run Windows.

Djhg2000

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
They've now updated the third image, looks like Android Honeycomb in portrait mode with extremely high resolution, if that thing is 5-7" then it might just be perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.