[SOLVED] Asus Thor 850W weird sounds

Andy2111

Prominent
Aug 24, 2021
Hi everyone,
Recently I adquired an Asus Thor 850W, which after install it was working fantastic.
Anyways, if I put some attention to it, I can notice a little "Clack"sound from the PSU when I press the power on button of my pc.
A similar type of sound (but a bit louder) appears when my computer is turned off.
Aside that, the PSU works perfect.
In addition, I have 0db mode disabled, my fan is always running, and when my computer is on I cannot hear it, is very silent.
What do you think that can be causing this behavior?, the fan?.
Thank you.
Regards.

Solution
Just to add....as it came to mind....this is extremely common with audio power amplifiers.
You push the power button.....you wait a few seconds....you hear a click.....and the system is enabled.
I think the reasoning for this may be to give time for the voltages to come up to spec before they are employed.
Just to add....as it came to mind....this is extremely common with audio power amplifiers.
You push the power button.....you wait a few seconds....you hear a click.....and the system is enabled.
I think the reasoning for this may be to give time for the voltages to come up to spec before they are employed.

Reactions: Andy2111
Solution