Asus to Launches Five New Eee PC Netbooks at CeBit

Status
Not open for further replies.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
All models will get 1 GB main memory as well as a 320 GB HDD. The X101CH and 1011CX will integrate Intel's new Atom N2600 processor. The 1025C gets Intel's Atom N2800 CPU, while the 1015BX will use AMD's C50 or C60 processor

Also new are the 11.6-inch Eee PC 1225B/C. The netbooks are based on Intel's Atom N2600 or AMD's E450 CPU, offer a screen resolution of 1366x768 pixel and 2 GB memory.

I would snag a E-450 model any day over the rest of the stuff here.
Got a HTPC with one and I would love to have that performance in a netbook.

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
most netbooks are overpriced, a netbook is a ripoff if it cost more than $300.

if they can keep it within the netbook bracket where it's price doesn't overlap on higher functioning/faster laptops, they they may be successful for people looking for a low cost system.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Nobody cares about netbooks anymore, Asus.

Not so. I have both a tablet and an netbook and will be getting another netbook sometime in the future. A tablet, and in particular an iPad, with its lack of connectivity not to mention its lack of Flash and Java support, can in no way replicate the user experience provided by a a netbook. Yes, a tablet can complement it greatly, but both devices have different functions. The tablet is a device that lends itself to reading, lecturing from, surfing... A netbook is a more interactive device with a lot more tweekability than a tablet provides. Let me just add that in the past 6 months I have seen a growing number of people using netbooks here in NYC, and many of them appear to be tourists. So it seems tourists are opting to carry a netbook more than a tablet for the simple reason that it can for short periods of time replace a notebook and is more portable than a notebook, also less costly to replace than a notebook if stolen.

The Asus Transformer is suppose to address this, but given its price, it fails. Also people don't feel as comfortable learning a new operating system, and the Asus transformer runs on Android. I myself will not buy an Asus transformer to replace my netbook since I want access to the battery of the device, but also because many of the programs I use cant be replace by Apps.

onanonanon

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2010
[citation][nom]spsfinest[/nom]Nobody cares about netbooks anymore, Asus.[/citation]
People who type while commuting and don't want RSI after 10 minutes work care very much about netbooks, actually. Tablets are useful but they're finger-mashers when it comes to serious typing.

G

"I would snag a E-450 model any day over the rest of the stuff here.
Got a HTPC with one and I would love to have that performance in a netbook."

I would too except that I choose longer battery life so the N2800 model makes more sense.

[citation][nom]spsfinest[/nom]Nobody cares about netbooks anymore, Asus.[/citation]
I agree with others here, I have an EeePC touch and love it with win8 so far. I can use it as a full tablet, but when I need to so real work (with keys and mouse) I just fold it out and start working. If only it had a slightly higher screen res, or win8 did not require 1024x768 then it would be the perfect win8 device!

@ASUS, come on! Ram is cheap! put in at least 2GB to start us with! At least with the new chipsets we will not be limited with a max of 2GB.

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
I have been using my Transformer Prime in place of my Alienware M11x for about a month now. With the keyboard dock it is amazingly useful in replacing what a netbook would normally do. I have all the same connectivity as a netbook (USB, SD Card, HDMI) with a much smaller form factor (this thing is so thin and light!) and amazing battery life (about 18 hours of normal use).

G

my asus eee PC 1215n is way better than these newer machines. at 300 dollars and a dual core proc, with ion, allows for pretty much anything i want (except of course any gaming above the source engine). battery life is decent; around 7 hours.

G

nVidia ION sucks because it sucks battery life out of the machine. Thankfully, these versions are non ION with updated Intel hardware and will add another 4-7 hours on your battery life. As for gaming... uh... wrong format! This is for ultimate portability while having the ability to do normal business and personal tasks (something not done on a tablet or phone) and doing it quickly. I know I Skype on mine as well with bluetooth headset so it works as a business phone as well. It is still an excellent platform and far more usable than a tablet. What it definitely isn't is a gaming platform.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
You can buy 2 gig of ram for like 60 US $. I agree they should
include more ram, but most people use netbooks for email surfing
and other light tasks. I purcased 2 gig of ram for mine and it runs
Win 7 like a charm. In fact my notebook usually stays at home and
just my netbook, my Toshiva Thrive tablet and my galaxy s2 phone travels with me.

G

and at what point did I state the eeepc 1215n is for gaming, I only mentioned it as I know plenty of teenage consumers like to play wow or half-life, and this little machine can do that just fine. Btw, it has optimus so on a day where you just do normal business/student related, battery life is around 9 hours. Thankmelater = troll

Status
Not open for further replies.