ASUS Touchpad Not Working (fn+F9 not working either)

tanner12143

Reputable
Apr 7, 2015
I just bought an ASUS TP500LA with windows 8.1. I received it in the mail today, turned it on and the touchpad isn't working. I tried fn+F9 first with no success. Then I went into change PC settings, mouse and touch pad but there are only options for a mouse. So I then went into the control panel, went to device manager and I can't find anything with touchpad controls. I also went into the mouse options under control panel then to hardware which is blank. From there I went onto the ASUS website and downloaded the latest ATK and Touchpad drivers and installed them, restarted my computer.....still not working. I clicked on add device under the control panel to see if it would pick up the touchpad and nothing. I explored the ASUS Smart Gesture options and it is turned on. There is not even the pointer on the screen. Thank god this thing has a touchscreen.

Does anyone have any ideas? I have tried everything I can think of.

tanner12143

Reputable
Apr 7, 2015
Update: I found the driver it was listed under hidden devices. Now the problem is that it says the hardware is not connected (code 45). How do I reconnect the touchpad?

TRENDING THREADS