ASUS Transformer PrimeTF201 with windows 8?

maldik

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
hello!
I really want to buy the new asus pad, but will it be available for winodows 8? or will there be a spesial verson for just that? :)

frankc123

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2012
I say it will be possible once a arm build is released. You will need the win8 build and you would have to get/make the drivers for the hardware. But in all reality it would be very very difficult to do. More then likely the new asus tablet will have a locked bootloader, so that means you would have to get the sbk ( secure boot key ) in order to even use nvflash to get the win8 files needed. Once you have the files needed and hoping the new tablet has somewhat of the same hardware you would have to find a way to load the drivers over. This is all just theory based on work i have done with the TF101. I am just that person that wont take no for a awnser. :)

And yes the Transformer is android. Android is a linux kernel with a android filesystem. Just like how you can put Ubuntu Linux on your transformer. Also if you just want a different os you could go that route to.