[SOLVED] Asus Triton70 AM2 cooler on AM4 mainboard

Apr 21, 2021
Hello,
I have an old Asus Triton 70 CPU cooler socket AM2 in very good condition and low fan noise. I want to upgrade my mainboard to Asus RS B450-F gaming2 and CPU Ryzen5 3600. Both new components have the AM4 socket. I have found on many sites that AM2 coolers can fit very well on AM4 socket. My question is : can I mount the Triton70 AM2 cooler on this new mainboard ? Are the brackets of Triton70 compatible with the B450-F mainboard or I must purchase an additional AM4 mounting bracket kit to make this possible ? Thank you !

Solution
Hello,
I have an old Asus Triton 70 CPU cooler socket AM2 in very good condition and low fan noise. I want to upgrade my mainboard to Asus RS B450-F gaming2 and CPU Ryzen5 3600. Both new components have the AM4 socket. I have found on many sites that AM2 coolers can fit very well on AM4 socket. My question is : can I mount the Triton70 AM2 cooler on this new mainboard ? Are the brackets of Triton70 compatible with the B450-F mainboard or I must purchase an additional AM4 mounting bracket kit to make this possible ? Thank you !

Is it the small 92mm fan tower cooler one? If so, then it won't be any better than the stock Wraith Stealth that comes with the 3600. Not sure about their head-to-head performance, but I know even the...

iPeekYou

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2014
Hello,

Is it the small 92mm fan tower cooler one? If so, then it won't be any better than the stock Wraith Stealth that comes with the 3600. Not sure about their head-to-head performance, but I know even the Stealth is a decent cooler, for something that came free with the processor.

Since you're going to buy the processor and motherboard, why not try it after the fact? Worst case is that the Triton won't fit and you're still using an adequate cooler for the 3600. You can always get a dirt cheap Gammaxx for better temps (for around 20-25 bucks these days).

Solution