[SOLVED] Asus Tuf 1660ti and CM masterbox litr 5

Aug 5, 2021
So i have the case and gpu at the title. Ive heard tuf has some problems on cooling but its said its normal to see high temperatures.

The case, im feeling mixed. They say it has a good airflow but i dont see it. It has three fans in front, one in the back but the front has a small entrance, so i dont know how it is rated high.

I bought this as a pre built system in 2019 august and been playing with it. Didnt show much care if it was too hot or not. It was pretty good mostly. CPU is ryzen 2600 if it helps.

But this summer feels like its the hottest one yet and i decided how my gpu is doing and i see it is around 80-90 in game.

Im playing ac: odyssey with high graphs and all and get 40-45 fps (expected) but im concerned if this is too high.

Ive written it reddit and whatnot, been searching for it but couldnt get proper answers.

Are these values okay? Would it be harmful if i let it work like this?

Is case airflow good? people say yeah, but i dont see it tbh.

Ordered a thermal paste, i hope it will help. I dont wanna damage anything.

Oh and ive been using msi afterburner and playing with fan speed, between 80-100percent which is like 3000-4000rpm, but i dont think it helps.

Solution
hmm, that shouldn't happen when touching the power limit. are you sure its not the voltage you are touching?

don't worry too much, the settings that afterburner allows typically isn't enough to damage your components.

if you want to try undervolting you could follow this:

first, tick enable voltage control and voltage monitoring in afterburner settings.
then, run a benchmark like heaven and start undervolting till it crashes, then add a bit till it's stable.
test some other games to see if it's stable, if not increase voltage a bit till stable then save those settings for that game.
if you want to undervolt some more, you could underclock a bit. but you'll get slightly lower frames.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What sort of ambient room air temps are you working with? Those temps look, somewhat okay but I feel you'd be better off with a case that has ventilation for the front, top and rear of the case. Front being intake, top and rear being for exhaust. Case airflow in the MasterBox Lite 5 is bad. You could mod the case and cut an opening on the top panel but you're going to need a dust filter. Better get a case that has top venting out of the box.

Jmi20

Prominent
Jun 5, 2020
is your gpu a dual fan model? i looked into its cooler, and it seems to be very inadequate. doesn't even have any heat pipes, plus max temps for that is 95c. i wouldn't worry too much about it.

if you want, you could lower power limit through afterburner and do some undervolting to reduce the temps.

Aug 5, 2021

What sort of ambient room air temps are you working with? Those temps look, somewhat okay but I feel you'd be better off with a case that has ventilation for the front, top and rear of the case. Front being intake, top and rear being for exhaust. Case airflow in the MasterBox Lite 5 is bad. You could mod the case and cut an opening on the top panel but you're going to need a dust filter. Better get a case that has top venting out of the box.

yeah makes me wonder why they like this case lol. I dont know if i can buy a new case plus re arrange everything in it. but modding seems interesting.

my room temp is i believe 36-38.

Aug 5, 2021
is your gpu a dual fan model? i looked into its cooler, and it seems to be very inadequate. doesn't even have any heat pipes, plus max temps for that is 95c. i wouldn't worry too much about it.

if you want, you could lower power limit through afterburner and do some undervolting to reduce the temps.

dual fan version. yeah no heat pipes it seems but cant do anything about it.

i was gonna fiddle with that power limit and core temp limit but my screen went black for a sec and the game shut down after doing it so im scared to touch it :D. and even though the temp limit is at 83 and power is at 100 it surpasses the temp limit anyway. not by much though, mostly 83-86 at most. but generally 83-84

Jmi20

Prominent
Jun 5, 2020
hmm, that shouldn't happen when touching the power limit. are you sure its not the voltage you are touching?

don't worry too much, the settings that afterburner allows typically isn't enough to damage your components.

first, tick enable voltage control and voltage monitoring in afterburner settings.
then, run a benchmark like heaven and start undervolting till it crashes, then add a bit till it's stable.
test some other games to see if it's stable, if not increase voltage a bit till stable then save those settings for that game.
if you want to undervolt some more, you could underclock a bit. but you'll get slightly lower frames.

Solution
Aug 5, 2021

okay i may try those tonight and see if it will be better. Thank you

Aug 5, 2021

So after opening the side of the case the temps didnt drop and i realized this temp is actually was always like this. At most im seeing 84- 89 and the highest one was 91(never above), i feel like this is normal for this card to be like this.

I dont think it would matter if i added duster on top or extra fan or side of the case open, since everything else is normal. CPU for example, is around 65-70 degrees.

And these temps dont damage anything it seems. Nvidia says the limit is 95 and after that it shuts off to prevent harm so i guess there isnt much to worry about.

Im still gonna try the power limit thing. That could be the only solution to this.