Question Asus tuf 3060ti 83° max load

Oct 31, 2022
Asus tuf 3060ti 83° max load

Hello everyone I just changed my 1080 for an Asus tuf 3060ti used for mining at 75% capacity and I have been doing some tests, basically as soon as the gpu go on max load so 1800/1900mhz gpu clock and 7000mhz mem the temperature of the gpu instantly go to 83°, fans will be 85%.
My airflow should be good enaugh to handle the situation considering that the gtx 1080 was around 70° on max load, I have 3 fans pushing in, 3 at the bottom pushing out, 2 at the top pushing out and 1 in the back pushing out, if then we consider the noctua NH d 15 we have 2 more pushing out at the back.
When the gpu is not at full load becaouse I lock the frame all good it stays around 45° but as soon as I push to get max performance temperature start to raise, this appen sometimes even when I'm only in menus.
As far as I know this gpu should stay around 60/70 at max load.
Any chance some of you know what it can be?
My room temperature is pretty chill as well
Thank you very much for your attention

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
You can set the temperature limit lower if you want, but the GPUs are designed to boost up to 83C, up to the power and voltage limits set. You could also increase the fan speed, the card may boost higher and stay at 83C or it will reach its power limits and run cooler.

As for the differences. Which 1080 are we comparing this to? Being a high end card, it probably had a very good cooler. Whereas the TUF series is ASUS's mid-range product.

Reactions: Haracarlo

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
As far as I know this gpu should stay around 60/70 at max load.

Yes, if it would be brand new. However,

for an Asus tuf 3060ti used for mining

yours is used and the worst case used. Abused by mining.

Since there's no telling what kind of abuse that GPU saw, you can not expect to get the same level of performance/temps out of it, as you would get from brand new, unused GPU.

Oct 31, 2022
Everything make sense, the 1080 was a gaming g1 oc, so not the greatest. Served me for many years without any problem.
So I shouldn't be that worry about this temperature? The system result stable its more about noise and general warring

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
As long as there aren't any evident issues (e.g FPS drops due to GPU overheat), i wouldn't be worried.

Then again, you have abused mining GPU and you may never get the load temps down from 83C, no matter what you do. <- This is one of many downsides buying used mining GPU, since you get it "as is" and without any warranty. And often, even the price isn't good for used mining GPUs. So, overall, there isn't anything good about buying used mining GPU.

Oct 31, 2022
As long as there aren't any evident issues (e.g FPS drops due to GPU overheat), i wouldn't be worried.

Then again, you have abused mining GPU and you may never get the load temps down from 83C, no matter what you do. <- This is one of many downsides buying used mining GPU, since you get it "as is" and without any warranty. And often, even the price isn't good for used mining GPUs. So, overall, there isn't anything good about buying used mining GPU.
Appriciate the time you gave to me 👍

Reactions: Aeacus
Oct 31, 2022
You can set the temperature limit lower if you want, but the GPUs are designed to boost up to 83C, up to the power and voltage limits set. You could also increase the fan speed, the card may boost higher and stay at 83C or it will reach its power limits and run cooler.

As for the differences. Which 1080 are we comparing this to? Being a high end card, it probably had a very good cooler. Whereas the TUF series is ASUS's mid-range product.
Thank you!