Sep 12, 2020
So recently I built a new pc with the new ASUS TUF 3070 OC. Got it at msrp too so screw you scalpers. I do have an issue with it though, it sags a lot and it seems to be very delicate. What I mean is when I accidently slammed my desk the other day, my signal to the monitor turned off. PC was still running and graphics card was still lit up and everything. I took out the hdmi and put it back in and didn't work. However, when I restarted my pc, my monitor regained signal. Does anyone if the stress of the weight of the 3070 can be the problem. Is there anyway to fix this at all such as buying a gpu brace to hold up the gpu? Or is my pcie slot loose or a cable maybe somewhere is loose? Let me know there are any similar problems cause I haven't seen any. I will also list out my specs

CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K 3.6 GHz 10-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S chromax.black 46.4 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: MSI Z490-A PRO ATX LGA1200 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Video Card: Asus GeForce RTX 3070 8 GB TUF GAMING OC Video Card
Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400A ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Solution
Some RTX 3070 come with a GPU bracket justly because the brands are aware of this "sagness factor". For example, the one I own from galax came with the bracket because it is extremely long (317 mm) and any touch on the table would make it shake, even if a little.

Maikurosofuto

Reputable
Oct 24, 2019
Some RTX 3070 come with a GPU bracket justly because the brands are aware of this "sagness factor". For example, the one I own from galax came with the bracket because it is extremely long (317 mm) and any touch on the table would make it shake, even if a little.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts