Question Asus tuf 4070ti vs rog strix 4070ti non oc

Jan 24, 2023
Is there any main differences between the asus tuf 4070 ti non oc and the asus rog strix 4070 ti non oc? I have a choice to get either one but I couldn't find any comparisons between the two.

The ROG STRIX is obviously always better than other models from ASUS. It all depends on what you want though, and how much you can spend on a high-end GPU.

Do you want a simple dual-fan solution that offers bang for your buck, or a decked-out triple fan system with all the bells and whistles? Do you want something with an unobtrusive and straightforward design, or do you want a showpiece that will draw every eye to your build?

If you want the best of the best, look no further than ROG Strix. These often come with higher TGP ratings and higher factory overclocks than their smaller siblings, giving you some of the best-in-class performance from a given tier of cards.

Their large heatsinks and triple fan solutions provide impeccable cooling with low noise levels. In fact, with their 0dB Ambient Cooling mode, the fans will turn off entirely under light loads so you can relax in peace. ROG Strix cards also offer a Dual BIOS switch with two modes: "P" and "Q". P mode gives you the highest clocks for eye-watering performance, while Q mode backs the clocks down just a tad and utilizes a more conservative fan curve for quieter operation.

The ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 OC Edition, for example, offers a 1890 MHz boost clock in its P mode, and a 1860 MHz boost in Q mode (still well above the standard 1710 MHz boost on non-overclocked variants).

Finally, ROG Strix offers standout style with prominent RGB lighting. Aura Sync compatibility allows you to sync up this lighting with the rest of your system for a unified look, and the extreme look of the shroud is sure to make your Strix card the focal point of any build.

For a slightly different take on the higher end, ASUS' TUF Gaming cards often provide similar triple-fan, thick-heatsink designs to their Strix brethren.

However, while they still offer factory overclocks and Aura Sync-compatible RGB, both are toned down to appeal to more value-oriented gamers. The ASUS TUF GeForce RTX 3070, for example, offers a boost clock of 1845 MHz in P mode, compared to the blistering 1935 MHz on the Strix version. It's still overclocked, just not quite as high, and its lower TGP means slightly lower boost headroom compared to its Strix sibling.

While the TUF cards are a bit toned down compared to their bleeding-edge brethren, they're still built with quality components selected for performance and durability. These cards still use high-grade chokes and MOSFETs as well as capacitors that meet military-grade certification, all soldered to the PCB.

The ASUS TUF models also come with the same Dual BIOS switch, allowing you to optimize between performance and noise with the flick of a switch.

0dB Ambient Cooling makes an appearance here as well, so those fans only kick in when the GPU reaches a certain temperature–which, thanks to the large heatsink, only happens under heavy load. You don't get the FanConnect II headers, either, and you aren't always guaranteed support for third-party waterblocks.

But for most users, TUF Gaming still offers excellent value for money.

sonofjesse

Distinguished
The ROG strix is positioned higher on the list from ASUS, however the TUF feels beefier and "better made".

if you look default BOOST clock is the EXACT same.

The STIX does have two PWM fan connectors and more lights.

Also be aware both cards are pretty large.

I have the 4070TI ROG STRIX NON OC (not worth the 100 bucks IMHO), and its a great card at 1440P. Lights are PRETTY (if that is your thing).

I had a 6700XT TUF (and that thing just felt like a TANK!!)

Can't go wrong with either one and if the price is the same I would personally go STRIX

STRIX cards comes with a button for OC or Quieter mode.

View: https://imgur.com/a/Y7NwOm4

I have previously owned a ROG STRIX GPU, the GTX 970 and it was super quite and dead silent even under medium gaming load. Even TUF models are pretty good as well. At least they are not that expensive as the STRIX SKUs, and you even get similar specs and build quality as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: sonofjesse