[SOLVED] Asus TUF 6800 XT No Display

Nov 8, 2020
Hi Guys,

Just purchased a RX 6800 XT TUF gaming and I cant seem to get a display output from it. Fans and RBG lights up but no display.

I tried the DP port on MOBO but still no display.

My Specs-
5600X
B550 Pro VDH - Updated to latest BIOS
NZXT C750

I just changed from a RTX 3080, to which I had no issues with for 2 months. Is there something I missed out on prior to changing GPU's?

Lutfij

Titan
You won't be able to get any display out of the motherboard since the processor you have doesn't have an iGPU. You might wan to see if the GPU works while dropped into a lower PCIe slot. Following that, see if you can disconnect from the wall and remove the CMOS battery for at least 30 minutes before replacing it.

Nov 8, 2020
Sorry I think I might have confused you. Yep I meant I already have the 6800XT and have been trying to get some sorta display output from it using the parts I listed earlier.

I'm afraid my Mobo only has 1 PCIE slot, so cant change to another. I will however try the CMOS battery removal.

Is there anything else I should be doing ahead of installing a new GPU? Will flashing the bios to a newer beta version help? I tried all 3 DP's and the 1 HDMI still no avail. Tried reseating the GPU to the PCIE slot 3 times already.

EDIT- Removed CMOS, unplugged power and still no display. Do I have a faulty card? Anything else I can do?

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2020
Ah okay I see what you mean with the integrated graphics.

I finally got it to work. I used the flash bios button to update to the newer beta BIOS and boom it worked - display finally. Is this common to require a bios update to get the GPU to work?

Thanks guys, appreciate all the advice

Nov 8, 2020
And it was updated. I was using the 5600X with a 3080 for about a month now. I updated the bios day one. I'm surprised to see that a beta update was needed to allow it to work with a 6800xt tho.