Aug 14, 2024
Hello. I have an ASUS TUF A15 FA506IV-HN194T (Ryzen 7 4800H, RTX 2060) that I purchased back in 2020 and for a long time it started having an issue where most of the times I turn on the computer the laptop freezes when it shows the loading ASUS screen and then after several minutes of being stuck it shows a BSOD with the error code "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION". This goes on 3 times until the system enters automatical repair mode and then under advanced options I can press on continue with startup and the computer then finally loads Windows and works normally.

I've tried lots of things including:
Complete clean reinstalls from a USB drive
Updating bios and drivers
Windows problem solvers and cmd commands
Disabling fast boot
Replacing RAM and SSD
Replacing WiFi card
Replacing both fans
Maintenances (cleaning, repasting)
MyASUS problem solvers and driver updates
Switching from Windows 10 to 11 and vice versa
Contacting ASUS (They suggested reinstall again and then taking it to an authorized service center since it doesn't have warranty anymore because it's 4 years old)
Taking it to the authorized service center (They don't get the issue but they also suggested reinstall, they did it and i got it back today and the issue remains)

I've found several posts and videos online with the same exact problem for my laptop and I can't find any solution. Help is appreciated. Thanks.