[SOLVED] ASUS TUF A15 Laptop Vista x64 Ultimate SP 2 Installation

Ragahv

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2012
Hi my ASUS TUF A15 came with Windows 10 Home Edition and was activated but i have 16GB RAM and i love Vista theme and performance and i got to install on this laptop.

How to turn on legecy mode in the laptop. The BIOS option is not there to select between legecy mode and normal mode. Maybe at start of boot you press F8, F10 or F11 keys to navigate to recovery mode and then from there select minimal mode or run for legecy hardware but how to get to the screen from vista boot disk which is the installer.

Also vista once installed to usb drive using pendrive linux is not able to boot from my TUF laptop . It gets stuck on windows is loading files screen. How to fix this?

Solution
Download the Win 10 setup from Microsoft and use that, should activate on the laptop without issues. There is no other support for your model. If your USB key may have a virus get a new one or simply format the one you have using a Linux boot disk for safety.

Ragahv

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2012
I have this laptop: FA506IV ASUS TUF A15 and it came with Windows 10 Home x64 but i deleted that using clean all format and now im left with nothing but windows 8 x64 disc with genuine key. DVD once loaded using external DVD drive when i press key to proceed to continue, it comes to a blue screen and says " pc will be restarted" install encountered a problem. In my BIOS under security and all other tabs including BOOT tab i find no option for LEGECY mode. I unchecked SVM meaning AMD virtualization , fast boot and selected external dvd drive as 1st prority and try disbale all other devices for boot such as network pxe and usb drives but still get that error. Is there anyway to install windows 8 without using legecy mode because i cannot find legecy mode in ASUS bios. I contact ASUS and they say BIOS version 308-309 are latest and dont support legecy mode. What file system does win 8 need to get into install mode?

If i start windows 8 from windows 10 once in desktop mode it will work but i need to format fully and clean all using disk part using recovery mode and thats when i boot my pc from start

I like windows 8 and 8.1 more than 10 because ten dont have that stylish theme as windows 8 and my windows 10 is a usb key and may have virus. My windows 8 dvd is original and cant get virus when i use it normally so i have to install OS on laptop with virus free source

Download the Win 10 setup from Microsoft and use that, should activate on the laptop without issues. There is no other support for your model. If your USB key may have a virus get a new one or simply format the one you have using a Linux boot disk for safety.

Solution