Question Asus TUF B450 overclocking advice

kingbowcat

Reputable
Oct 9, 2019
Hi im considering buying this mobo as an upgrade for my 2600X Ryzen 5. Just wondering what sort of overclock I could do and whether I could rely on stock cooler or would I have to buy a new better one?

Thanks

Hi im considering buying this mobo as an upgrade for my 2600X Ryzen 5. Just wondering what sort of overclock I could do and whether I could rely on stock cooler or would I have to buy a new better one?

Thanks
Which TUF board to you have? There are significant differences in VRM quality between the TUF Plus and the TUF Pro. Those differences can impact overclocking performance if you insist on going with an all-core manual overclock instead of leaving it up to XFR and PBO.

kingbowcat

Reputable
Oct 9, 2019
Which TUF board to you have? There are significant differences in VRM quality between the TUF Plus and the TUF Pro. Those differences can impact overclocking performance if you insist on going with an all-core manual overclock instead of leaving it up to XFR and PBO.

Im still shopping for a mobo can get the Tomohawk b450 max for 85£ seems like a good deal.