[SOLVED] ASUS TUF B450 Plus Matx Specific question about M.2

mesi123

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2012
Hello guys, this is a specific question for people with this motherboard. Basically the M.2 Slot is located right UNDER the graphics card and that means it wont cool properly. I have tried with a couple of gfx cards and fan configurations but it is always not working. Currently it is sitting at 59C but thats because the panel is removed and the graphics card is manually running fans. Otherwise it reached 72-76 C which is absurdly high and might damage the drive. Is anyone else using an M.2 with this motherboard ? If so, what temps are you getting ? Second question, should I buy an M.2 to PCIe adapter ? Will I lose any speed on it ? My drive is the Crucial P5 which has speeds of about 3500 or so. Thank you !

Solution
That's a common M.2 slot placement.

Search "M.2 SSD heatsink" on Amazon. There's all sorts of choices around $10. Just keep an eye on height so it still clears the GPU.

What GPU do you have?

What about your case and case fans" Do you have 2 intake fans and 1 exhaust at minimum?

Search "M.2 SSD heatsink" on Amazon. There's all sorts of choices around $10. Just keep an eye on height so it still clears the GPU.

What GPU do you have?

What about your case and case fans" Do you have 2 intake fans and 1 exhaust at minimum?

Solution

mesi123

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2012

What GPU do you have?

Thanks for the reply, I did just that but I am having new issues, mainly low speeds. It went from 3400 to 1600 m/s

The GPU I have is MSI 2070 Super Gaming X quite beefy but I had an RX 580 and the previous m.2 still had heat issues. And yes I have enough fans, 3 outake and 2 intake. Cast is coolermaster ML300, pretty good thermals,

TRENDING THREADS