Question ASUS TUF B450 Plus will not power on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamlev

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2012
I have a less than a year old Ryzen 2600 running on the above mobo now cannot get it to power on.

Have tried the following:
Change PSU (coolermaster gold 750w)
Change power cable
Test supply
Remove completely from case and test
Removed all other components, RAM, VGA, HDD ...

The board lights up but will not power the cpu fan up. Have taken it to the store and they get it working intermittently blaming the switches in the case.
However, it wont work outside the case when I try to manually start using a screwdriver across the pwr switch pins.

Worried that if I sent the mobo back under warranty they'll test and see it lighting up and just send it back to me.

Anything else I should try before going completely mad? Thx

Jamlev

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2012
Thanks yes, tried the 'bench test' and nada - board lights up but no power, fans not spinning.

Contacted ASUS and they said send it back - now if it works in their lab I'm truly screwed.

Jamlev

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2012
Update on this - took the mainboard, CPU and PSU to the store and they tested it and it worked.

Took it back home and it wont power up. Anything else I can try before it goes into the river?

Jamlev

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2012
Yes, they used their own graphics card and I tested mine in another PC, likewise with RAM and PSU.

I've tested house supply and it checks out, have tried multiple cables as well. In 20 years of working with computers I have never come across a problem like this.

Reluctant to fork out for anther mobo if the problem remains.

Status
Not open for further replies.