Question Asus TUF B450-pro mobo - does not recognize USB keyboard & mouse

May 16, 2020
Hi guys,

I'm new here and was looking for some help- I built a new PC from scratch but the mobo doesn't recognize my USB keyboard/mouse during the windows install, even though I can use both in bios.

I've done a lot of digging and testing and know that it's a not having the right drivers for USB 3.0 as an issue, but I can't figure out how to install it for the life of me.

Here's what I've done/tried:

1. New SDD hard drive with windows 7 on USB - windows 7 USB install loads, can't use keyboard/mouse to install
  2. plugged my old HD on there with windows 7 already installed thinking I could try to update drivers, can't use keyboard/mouse
  3. went old school and plugged in a PS/2 keyboard, tried to install drivers from Asus drivers DVD that came with mombo - can't click install button without a PS/2 mouse
  4. still using a PS/2 keyboard on old windows HD, tried installing drivers from USB memory stick, not recognized.

It seems like i'm SOL unless I get my hands on a PS/2 mouse.... any help is greatly appreciated. There must be an easier way to do this... this is beyond frustrating really. :(

Thanks,
Eugene

Hi guys,

I'm new here and was looking for some help- I built a new PC from scratch but the mobo doesn't recognize my USB keyboard/mouse during the windows install, even though I can use both in bios.

I've done a lot of digging and testing and know that it's a not having the right drivers for USB 3.0 as an issue, but I can't figure out how to install it for the life of me.

Here's what I've done/tried:

1. New SDD hard drive with windows 7 on USB - windows 7 USB install loads, can't use keyboard/mouse to install
  2. plugged my old HD on there with windows 7 already installed thinking I could try to update drivers, can't use keyboard/mouse
  3. went old school and plugged in a PS/2 keyboard, tried to install drivers from Asus drivers DVD that came with mombo - can't click install button without a PS/2 mouse
  4. still using a PS/2 keyboard on old windows HD, tried installing drivers from USB memory stick, not recognized.
It seems like i'm SOL unless I get my hands on a PS/2 mouse.... any help is greatly appreciated. There must be an easier way to do this... this is beyond frustrating really. :(

Thanks,
Eugene
What system ? Not all new systems are compatible with W7.