[SOLVED] Asus tuf b450m-plus gaming motherboard with Ryzen 5 3600x

Aug 15, 2019
I've recently upgraded my PC by getting a ryzen 5 3600x and the asus tuf b450m-plus gaming motherboard. I chose this motherboard because there were no other b450 boards at my local PC store, and I currently can't afford x470 or x570 motherboards. I'm wondering if this motherboard would throttle this cpu, as I want this cpu to reach its max stock speeds. By the way, I'm using the AMD stock cooler that came with the cpu. I also don't intend to overclock in the future.

Aug 15, 2019
Hyper 212 Evo would be the minimum you should buy. If you can't afford that, then just wait until you can. Meanwhile, you can still use the stock cooler.
I can afford a hyper 212 evo, but I meant that it might not fit in my case. I'm looking for something in that price range that could fit in my case and is better than the stock cooler.

Aug 15, 2019
I know that the max CPU cooler height in my case is 160mm but I don't want to take any chances as it seems that the Hyper 212 Evo would barely fit. The Scythe Mugen seems like the better and safer option. So, I think I'll get that one. Thank you very much for helping me out.

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
The Scythe Mugen posted above is a good choice.
I have an Arctic 33 eSports Edition Dual fan cooler on my OC'd Ryzen 5 2600 and it keeps it very cool (29-30 C at idle and maxes out around 56C after 3 to 4 hours of gaming).
I will most likely upgrade to a 3700x sometime next year and I will keep this cooler and I have no doubt it will work well on that CPU too.
Arctic updated my cooler to the Arctic 34 eSports Duo (for $39.99) which should work as well or better than my cooler and it is 157mm tall so it will fit in your case.
https://www.amazon.com/ARCTIC-Freezer-eSports-DUO-Configuration/dp/B07MC8CRVZ

Aug 15, 2019
The Scythe Mugen posted above is a good choice.
I have an Arctic 33 eSports Edition Dual fan cooler on my OC'd Ryzen 5 2600 and it keeps it very cool (29-30 C at idle and maxes out around 56C after 3 to 4 hours of gaming).
I will most likely upgrade to a 3700x sometime next year and I will keep this cooler and I have no doubt it will work well on that CPU too.
Arctic updated my cooler to the Arctic 34 eSports Duo (for $39.99) which should work as well or better than my cooler and it is 157mm tall so it will fit in your case.
https://www.amazon.com/ARCTIC-Freezer-eSports-DUO-Configuration/dp/B07MC8CRVZ
The Arctic 34 also seems like a great choice. I'll keep it in mind when I finally decide on which cooler to get. Thanks for the recommendation.

TRENDING THREADS