[SOLVED] Asus tuf b450m-pro problem

Jul 15, 2021
I have the following build which worked fine till this morning. I assembled this 15 days ago.
Asus tuf b450m-pro motherboard
Corsair Vengeance 16gb DDR4 ram
Artis 500w PSU
Ryzen 5 3400G cpu
Windows 10
All was working fine till this morning when I pressed the power button and nothing happened. The motherboard rgb light was on, so I am assuming that it is not a power issue. Please help me fix this problem permanently. This happened before and asus replaced the motherboard 15 days ago. The first time was a month ago with the same configuration.

Solution
I doubt its the motherboard. The first thing I would do is try a different power supply. That Artis psu is a budget blem psu. I wouldnt use it if it was all that was lying around and mine was dead.

That being said, if it is defective it could have caused other issues like bricking the board. Never cheap out on the psu. It is actually the most important part of a PC.

Loadedaxe

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2016
I doubt its the motherboard. The first thing I would do is try a different power supply. That Artis psu is a budget blem psu. I wouldnt use it if it was all that was lying around and mine was dead.

That being said, if it is defective it could have caused other issues like bricking the board. Never cheap out on the psu. It is actually the most important part of a PC.

Reactions: Everett350
Solution
Jul 15, 2021

Thank you for the quick response. Will try it.. Hope it works out.. 😁 😁

Reactions: Loadedaxe