Question ASUS TUF B450s-plus gaming BIOS issue

May 14, 2019
Hi, I’m having an issue with my boot up following a Bios update. I’m getting nothing but a black screen when attempting to boot, no access to bios screen or windows logo. I’ve tried resetting CMOS, and letting the tower rest unplugged overnight. Any other suggestions apart from taking the unit apart and reinstalling all components?
I’m running a Ryzen 7 1800x without onboard graphics, with a RTX 2060 GPU, on windows 10.

Hi, I’m having an issue with my boot up following a Bios update. I’m getting nothing but a black screen when attempting to boot, no access to bios screen or windows logo. I’ve tried resetting CMOS, and letting the tower rest unplugged overnight. Any other suggestions apart from taking the unit apart and reinstalling all components?
I’m running a Ryzen 7 1800x without onboard graphics, with a RTX 2060 GPU, on windows 10.

I'm assuming the system worked fine before the update, so re-installing components doesn't seem a viable solution.

It sounds to me like a failed BIOS update. Is there a back-up BIOS on the TUF boards? If not, contact Asus tech support for assistance and possible RMA.

May 14, 2019
Contacted ASUS, the first solution they suggested was using the CrashFree Bios tool to reconfigure and reset the mobo. Hoping I can perform without the use of a monitor. I’ll report back with the result.

Since there is no Asus TUF B450s-plus gaming model, you may be using the BIOS for the wrong model. You haven't indicated what the previous BIOS version was, the reason for updating the BIOS, or the new BIOS version number.

"ASUS strongly recommends that you update AMD chipset driver before updating BIOS" is also part of the BIOS update procedure instructions for several BIOS versions.

Contacted ASUS, the first solution they suggested was using the CrashFree Bios tool to reconfigure and reset the mobo. Hoping I can perform without the use of a monitor. I’ll report back with the result.
If that works like BIOS FlashBack on MSI boards you shouldn't need a monitor... nothing but a powersupply connected to the 24+4 pin connector is needed so not even CPU or memory has to be installed.