[SOLVED] ASUS TUF DASH F15 - HDMI issue

HoloTheWise

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2013
Got my new Asus TUF - 15 in the mail today.... I set it up, did every update, and I felt it was a really nice laptop. I go to plug it into my external monitor, and no matter what I do for the life of me I cannot get it to display. It works fine with my other laptop and my desktop. I tried uninstalling the Nvidia drivers, no luck. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? This is honestly unacceptable and I expected better quality from Asus. This is like $300 laptop...

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Can you check and see what BIOS version you're on at the time of writing? You can use CPU-Z>Mainboard tab>BIOS version to see what you're on. As for your laptop, what OS version are you currently on? You might want to arm yourself with a bootable USB installer fabricated using Windows Media Creation Tools, in case you might need to reinstall the OS.

Speaking of OS, and drivers, did you run updates off of the OS end or did you manually search for drivers and installed them yourself? You're advised to install any and/or all drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. For your GPU, download the latest drivers from Nvidia's support site, then use DDU to uninstall said GPU drivers and then reboot...

Lutfij

Titan
Can you check and see what BIOS version you're on at the time of writing? You can use CPU-Z>Mainboard tab>BIOS version to see what you're on. As for your laptop, what OS version are you currently on? You might want to arm yourself with a bootable USB installer fabricated using Windows Media Creation Tools, in case you might need to reinstall the OS.

Speaking of OS, and drivers, did you run updates off of the OS end or did you manually search for drivers and installed them yourself? You're advised to install any and/or all drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. For your GPU, download the latest drivers from Nvidia's support site, then use DDU to uninstall said GPU drivers and then reboot, manually installing your latest GPU drivers.

Solution