[SOLVED] ASUS Tuf Dash F15 - Underperformance and BSOD

Sep 21, 2021
Underperformance is kind of a stretch because I have no real metric to compare it too but my ASUS Tuf Dash F15 (FX516PR - i7-11370H, 16GB RAM, 3070 Laptop) keeps BSOD and I can only assume its underperforming. BSOD are kind of intermittent. They were kind of common out of the box so I redid the NVidia Drivers and they went away for a bit but it crashed the other day just streaming video. Playing Esports (Valorant mainly) I don't really get the performance you'd expect from a Current gen CPU and GPU (as low as 70FPS at 1080p, no matter the settings).

Kinda just throwing this out there to see if mine has an issue or if this is just common with all Dash F15's.

Solution
Underperformance is kind of a stretch because I have no real metric to compare it too but my ASUS Tuf Dash F15 (FX516PR - i7-11370H, 16GB RAM, 3070 Laptop) keeps BSOD and I can only assume its underperforming. BSOD are kind of intermittent. They were kind of common out of the box so I redid the NVidia Drivers and they went away for a bit but it crashed the other day just streaming video. Playing Esports (Valorant mainly) I don't really get the performance you'd expect from a Current gen CPU and GPU (as low as 70FPS at 1080p, no matter the settings).

Kinda just throwing this out there to see if mine has an issue or if this is just common with all Dash F15's.
try this step by step (read until end):
  • Disconnect from...

try this step by step (read until end):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors on device manager (should be 8 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no) like this:
    unknown.png
  • Restart the laptop to bios, and update to the latest bios (make sure plugged to charger during update). Then go to bios again after update and load default or optimized settings.

• boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset drivers (download all starting from intel gna down to intel thunderbolt software, but do intel chipset first), reboot, and connect to internet.

• Install the latest nvidia driver.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver. Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• And check windows update (and optional updates) if there is any and install them. Also enable Hardware Accelerated Graphics Scheduling (available on the latest win 10 update) in graphics settings like this and reboot:
    unknown.png
Also on nvidia control panel, go to manage 3d settings, and choose high performance nvidia processor and apply.

Solution