[SOLVED] Asus TUF FX504GM-EN394T battery lasts only 2 Hour

Jul 3, 2020
I bough ASUS TUF fx 504gm-en394t 2 days back.
Battery lasts only 2 Hrs on full charge.
I just connect to my remote machine using Citrix and nothing else is open still it give only 2 HRs which is too low.
What should I do ?
Laptop manufacturing is of 2 Years back so shall ask to replace the battery ?

Following are config :

BrandIntel
SeriesIntel Core-i7
Generation8th Generation
Modeli7-8750H
Core6
Thread12
Base Speed2.20 GHz
Turbo Speed4.10 GHz
Cache9 MB
Processor GraphicsIntel® UHD Graphics 630

Memory Size8 GB
Memory Speed2666 MHz
Memory TypeDDR4
Memory Slot2
Max Memory Support32 GB

Hard Disk1 TB
SSD256 GB

Graphics ModelNvidia Geforce GTX 1060
Graphics Capacity6 GB
Graphics TypeGDDR5

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Most battery warranties are for one year. Make sure the nVidia card is not being used and that screen brightness is not high, those two things will kill battery life. Play around with the power options see if setting it to lower performance on battery helps.

A gaming laptop running 2 hours on battery is pretty normal, if used constantly with high CPU and video card use. You may need to turn off some high speed options in the system to get longer battery life.
Most battery warranties are for one year. Make sure the nVidia card is not being used and that screen brightness is not high, those two things will kill battery life. Play around with the power options see if setting it to lower performance on battery helps.

A gaming laptop running 2 hours on battery is pretty normal, if used constantly with high CPU and video card use. You may need to turn off some high speed options in the system to get longer battery life.

Solution