Question Asus TUF FX505DY 100% disk usage in SSD only at full load CPU/GPU and plugged in

Jul 21, 2022
Hello, I've been having this problem for almost a year, at first i thought this must have something to do with Windows 10 but then after I upgraded to Windows 11 the problem still persist until now. I mostly spend my time when playing my laptop on my work table while it's plugged in and never have any problem and I sometimes brought it to other room to play, but now after using it for like 2 years this problem occurs but only when I play it at other room and running any game at full load CPU/GPU while plugged in and what's weird is the problem will be gone if I stop my game and wait for few mins (but it will be back again if I play game again) or unplug my charger and let the game be in battery mode or if I bring it back to my work table and charge it at there after a while.

So far I've tried some solutions i found on the internet but didn't work such as:
  • disabled services like Windows Search, Superfetch, and Connected User Experience and Telemetry
  • performed DISM, SFC scan, CHKDSK in CMD
  • change something about STORAHCI MSI support in regedit
  • run in clean boot and safe mode (seems like nothing to do with 3rd party)
  • some regedit tweak I found in Reddit to reveal some option in power plan then set it to active (I forgot what it's called)
  • perform disk cleanup and update to latest windows update and drivers
  • switch power plan from high performance to balance

It seems like it must have something to do with my hardware but I'm not sure which one is affected, my only temporary solution for now is to throttle my performance by limiting maximum processor state to 99% in power plan when I want to play in other room. However I haven't try it yet on GPU heavy game. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Jul 21, 2022
D

Deleted member 362816

I haven't try to reinstall yet, do you mean to full clean install windows 11 or I can keep my files option? Also is it possible to use "Reset this PC" option in recovery tab settings instead?

Full clean install with a USB stick with the link I provided to eliminate it being a software issue. You would not be able to keep any files.

Jul 21, 2022
Full clean install with a USB stick with the link I provided to eliminate it being a software issue. You would not be able to keep any files.
I see, thanks. Now I'm trying to clean install windows 11 however I keep getting this same problem "media driver is missing" after booting the USB when I use creation tool and when I tried to use Rufus it instead won't show my USB in boot list for some reason even though i already tried both GPT and MBR.

Edit:
Now I finally able to clean install windows 11, I'll let you know if the problem still occurs or not.

Edit 2:
Unfortunately the problem still persist, it looks like there's problem with my hardware.

Last edited: