[SOLVED] Asus TUF FX505GE Overheat

JueH

Reputable
Feb 25, 2017
Hi! I have Asus TUF FX505GE with i5-8300h and 1050ti. every time I use "Best Performance" on my laptop it will go to 4.00 GHz and start throttling (around 60 Celsius in idle and 95 Celsius in heavy load)! Is it normal or what?

Solution
For gaming laptops sadly yes. The issue is they put these high temp CPUs in laptops and with the exception of a few don't adequately cool them. I've heard that Liquid Metal thermal compound can help decrease temps pretty significantly (will VOID your warranty) but other then trying to make sure the vents have good airflow there's not much you can do other then not put it in Performance mode.

I should also state if you do go down the liquid metal route, be very careful and watch and read everything you can about it. Also if you have a Aluminum heat sink then you're out of luck as Liquid Metal and Aluminum don't mix.
For gaming laptops sadly yes. The issue is they put these high temp CPUs in laptops and with the exception of a few don't adequately cool them. I've heard that Liquid Metal thermal compound can help decrease temps pretty significantly (will VOID your warranty) but other then trying to make sure the vents have good airflow there's not much you can do other then not put it in Performance mode.

I should also state if you do go down the liquid metal route, be very careful and watch and read everything you can about it. Also if you have a Aluminum heat sink then you're out of luck as Liquid Metal and Aluminum don't mix.

Last edited:
Reactions: JueH
Solution

JueH

Reputable
Feb 25, 2017
For gaming laptops sadly yes. The issue is they put these high temp CPUs in laptops and with the exception of a few don't adequately cool them. I've heard that Liquid Metal can help decrease temps pretty significantly (will VOID your warranty) but other then trying to make sure the vents have good airflow there's not much you can do other then not put it in Performance mode.
Oh, I see. So it's normal for laptop that i use right ?
Liquid metal for Laptop ? what brand would you use if you are me m8 ? need some recommendations

I've never personally done it, but have read and watched a lot on the subject, there are a lot of resources on the subject. I know Thermal Grizzly - Conductonaut is very popular.

As I said this will certainly void your warranty, and if your OK with this you could first try and apply a higher quality normal thermal paste such as Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut or Arctic MX-4 underneath the heatsink. I should also state if you do go down the liquid metal route, be very careful and watch and read everything you can about it. Also if you have a Aluminum heat sink then you're out of luck as Liquid Metal and Aluminum don't mix.

You'll also have to find a video or other resource on opening up your laptop and getting to the CPU to do either. You could also do the GPU while your in there.

Reactions: JueH

JueH

Reputable
Feb 25, 2017
I've never personally done it, but have read and watched a lot on the subject, there are a lot of resources on the subject. I know Thermal Grizzly - Conductonaut is very popular.

As I said this will certainly void your warranty, and if your OK with this you could first try and apply a higher quality normal thermal paste such as Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut or Arctic MX-4 underneath the heatsink. I should also state if you do go down the liquid metal route, be very careful and watch and read everything you can about it. Also if you have a Aluminum heat sink then you're out of luck as Liquid Metal and Aluminum don't mix.

You'll also have to find a video or other resource on opening up your laptop and getting to the CPU to do either. You could also do the GPU while your in there.

Kay dude, thanks for the info. My concern is resolved here and once again thanks to you dude !