Question Asus Tuf Gaming 705X - No sound - Peripherals modified? -

uchihaenvy

Reputable
Jan 20, 2017
Hello everyone, his will be a long one, so for those who like hard challenges here it goes:
( Before start I want to let you know that if you find any typo I'm sorry if you do ( I'm Portuguese) I'll do my best for you (reader) to understand my point) :)

On 24th of October, I was using my laptop ( Asus Tuf Gaming Fx705 ) which runs almost every game i want and like which honestly I do not have any issue with, besides the fan always making a huge noise which is a bit annoying.
That night the fan as usual was making that ultra noise ( which have been for repair once and it is the same state) out of a sudden, my sound stops working, literally no sound I see the red cross over the speaker simbol.

So I tried literally everything to make it working, from drivers, codecs, resets X times when searching for drivers, go to realtek website and download x, thing to complete re-install windows, and that's when i screw everything up, I cleaned my computer from every file, with a new windows, and still no sound, I took it to the store, which had / has still ikd, the warranty and they took it to give it a look, I reported it as no Sound from the sound card also the fan making that "Awesome" noise, so it took them 2 weeks to tell me that They could not sort my computer out because of liquid damage, wich I honestly do not know what that is and I certaintly wouldnt spill water over my only laptop ( doesnt make sense in my opinion) and the budget to make it repaired was almot 2.000 EUR wich my soul almost left my soul ... so I denied the repair AND my laptop came even worst!!
So my laptop wouldnt even turn on one time always black screen they wanted to ditched my laptop with me the fastest as they could, so I got really mad and my computer didnt turned on, fans Spinning at max speed, sso i took the battery out ( internal) did a 30 sec. rest and it worked! BUT now i feel my laptop soooo slow too bad like those old computers, if I run a game , fforget it he just turns off, or with my ssd I know tha the has one, BUT it seems that he doesnt have anything CPU, GPU and other is allways with high percentages which is ridiculous , so they didnt cared about my laptop and now I need your help if anyone is honestly willing to give me a hand please, I'm open to whenever questions you want to make in order to probe the issue the better as you can ! thank you so much in advance to whoever reads this

Lutfij

Titan
Apart from the audio issue, can you still power up and boot to OS GUI? IF so, see if you can check and see what the BIOS version for your laptop is. Cross-reference the BIOS version with what's available here.

Mind you, if you don't know what SKU laptop you have, you can use the BIOS update option within BIOS, you just need to boot to BIOS screen.

Once your BIOS has been sorted, use Windows Media Creation Tools to fabricate the latest version of the OS installer. You can then use that to reinstall your OS. Once done, use the latest drivers from Asus's support site(I've linked above) to install on your laptop in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. Mind you, please download the drivers before hand onto a USB drive and disconnect from the internet after you finish installing the OS in order to install the drivers. Once done, you can reconnect to the internet.

uchihaenvy

Reputable
Jan 20, 2017
Firstly thank you for your fast response!!! I'll try to do what you've suggested to, and I'll be back with updates, I know that i can go to BIOS, but the rest I need to explore a bit in order to sort it out as you said to do but overall I think i've understood what you've said.

I'll be back with updates ( I'll try to not take long )

EDIT: About the SKU I think it is the specifications?
If so here they are I'm sorry i didnt put them here earlier :

Processor - AMD Ryzen 5 3550H with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.10 GHz
System Type - 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
RAM - 8.00 GB
Edition - Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2
OS Build - 19042.630
Experience - Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0

EDIT 2 - So the BIOS related part it is ASUS BIOS Utilizy Bios version - 315
GOP Version - 2.4
and EC Version - FGPC0105.009
( idk if i gave you some info on what you needed to in order to give me a hand here sorry if I'm a bit dumb )

Btw I dont see the FX705DY In the Asus tuf gaming Bios website am i doing something wrong ?

Last edited:

uchihaenvy

Reputable
Jan 20, 2017
I did everything you asked me to, but the issue persists,

Did a windwos with the tool, and downloaded every driver from Asus center to my Tuf Gaming FX705DY and still no joy ( now even my FN key with F5 to control the fans doesnt work now ... I'm getting so dissapointed )

Whoever checked the laptop out may not have put it back together properly. Really sounds like you went to a bad repair place, if there was no liquid damage on it, they could have said that to get extra money for the repair, and it should at least have been in the exact same state as it was when they looked at it. That shows lazy work. Contact ASUS support for the warranty not this shop you used. You an open the laptop and check for any liquid damage on the motherboard, it is usually easy to see where parts are corroded and some systems have special paper to turn color if it's exposed to liquid.

Reactions: uchihaenvy

uchihaenvy

Reputable
Jan 20, 2017
Whoever checked the laptop out may not have put it back together properly. Really sounds like you went to a bad repair place, if there was no liquid damage on it, they could have said that to get extra money for the repair, and it should at least have been in the exact same state as it was when they looked at it. That shows lazy work. Contact ASUS support for the warranty not this shop you used. You an open the laptop and check for any liquid damage on the motherboard, it is usually easy to see where parts are corroded and some systems have special paper to turn color if it's exposed to liquid.

Thank you so much for your answer!!!
I honestly though the same, I did noticed when i tried to turn on the laptop when it has been returned to me ( on the store) which it was an authorized technician store provided by the place where i have bought the laptop, so it didnt even turned on, they jsut wanted to ditch it on me, so i asked to be repaired once again, and that's when it came worse, I had to remove the battery and press on/off button for 30 seconds in order to turn the computer back on, idk how it worked but it did, but now, oh man it is so slow, it shuts down whenever I try to run something. Talked to ASUS center, they literally ignored my severals requests , didnt provided me with a photo to tell me where the liquids were, and within the warranty they didnt even provided me with one, I actually spoke to them today and they told me that there is nothing they could do with that store's actions, ( which still is an asus aproved repair center) seems like they jsut want to ignore my issue and laft em to pay the rest of my laptop, which honestly i dont think i will