Question Asus Tuf Gaming A17 - Super noisy fan, maybe fan speed problem ?

Feb 1, 2023
Hi everyone,

I have a Asus tuf gaming A17 as mentionned in the title. And since a few weeks the fans make an incredible noise, it sounds like it's tilted and hitting it's structure. It's really anoying so I have to check it during the next days.
I checked my CPU/GPU temperature and other stuff with AIDA 64, but no display of the fan speed (trial version maybe or just not displayed at all).
Processeur 41 °C
Diode du processeur 44 °C
GPU1: Diode GPU 37 °C
GPU1: Diode GPU 37 °C

Once the proc reaches 45°C the fan goes mad and the temperature seems to not get cooler.
So in case I would have to replace it, I would like to know how to find the model of fan used into this ASUS TUF GAMING A17 as I don't find the information anywhere else.
Does somebody knows which one it is ? So I would be able to order it later if necessary ?

Also It's not the 2021 or 2022 version, I bought it on the end of 2020.

I'll try to fix it on my own by at least trying to clean it. If you have any thought or advice that could be useful to me on that point, feel free to tell me about it.
Finally, I recently had to change the screen because it felt a few month ago and I upgraded RAMs from 2x8Go to 2x16Go. Maybe it has something to do with the falling, maybe nothing to do with the RAM upgrade as there is no obvious issue on this side.

there are quite a few different TUF Gaming A17 versions.
you more than likely just have a cheaper version with lower quality fans so to maintain these decent temperatures it has to really move which makes it noticeably louder.

since you've already opened it up and replaced parts you have voided any warranty offered by ASUS.
so i'd say go ahead and open it up again,
clean out any dust and lint,
make sure vents are clear.

and if the annoying fan noise doesn't improve just replace the existing with a better fan(s).
ordering the same OEM fan will just lead to the same noise ratio again so you probably don't want to do that.

Feb 1, 2023
there are quite a few different TUF Gaming A17 versions.
you more than likely just have a cheaper version with lower quality fans so to maintain these decent temperatures it has to really move which makes it noticeably louder.

since you've already opened it up and replaced parts you have voided any warranty offered by ASUS.
so i'd say go ahead and open it up again,
clean out any dust and lint,
make sure vents are clear.

and if the annoying fan noise doesn't improve just replace the existing with a better fan(s).
ordering the same OEM fan will just lead to the same noise ratio again so you probably don't want to do that.

Thank you for the answer, the model I have is the following one : A17 - TUF706IU - H7302T. Don't know if it is a cheap one, I didn't feel like it is and other than the fan it's doing great.

About the fans I should replace it with (if the case presents itself to me) how do I know which fans would be compatible with it ? Can you advice me some ?

how do I know which fans would be compatible with it ?
you'd have to determine the exact size of the existing fans and also determine that any better options available have the same mounting specification.

it's possible you could find the OEM fan information or get the specifications directly from ASUS.
i believe they have a shop for ordering replacement parts, if not through their own sponsored sites maybe hosted through Amazon or Ebay.

once you have the info regarding the fans we could probably find you some good alternatives with higher airflow and lower dB.

Feb 1, 2023
Hi

I found which pieces are for CPU and GPU :
For GPU
DFS5K12114262H FMC9

It's the one on the right side, does it mean on the right of the structure when it's opened ? or from usage perspective ?

For CPU left side :
DFS5K12304363H FMLB

When I use the computer from keyboard view perspective it's the right one that messes up.

Also they are the same dimension but I think they mirror (not sure about this) : 4.33 x 3.35 x 0.59 inches (11 x 8.5 x 1.5 cm)
Both have 4 pins, run on 5V.

Is this enough to find similar but better fans ?