[SOLVED] Asus TUF GAMING B450 two GPUs

Mar 21, 2021
Hello

I want to add a second GPU to my Asus TUF GAMING B450 mobo.
(GTX 1080 and 1660).
Problem is - there are two PCI slots and no space for the second card.

So, I need a riser. Which one? How do I know it's the correct one and it won't burn the Mobo?

Does Asus TUF GAMING B450 even support 2 GPUs or the slot is for a wifi card?

Cheers

Solution
All of the cables at the bottom (Power, reset switches) and the rest of that row.
There's no way for the second GPU to go in there without a riser.
Can you clarify which motherboard you have? There is the Tuf B450 ATX sized motherboard and the Tuf B450M mATX sized motherboard which is smaller. Check the links I posted before to find the correct one. The only way a second card wouldn't fit in the second lower slot is because of cables in the way if the card itself uses 2.5 to 3 slots of space (should still have a whole slot of space) or if the cables are too short from the front panel to reach over the card. If the cables are too short, you might have extra slack if they are tied up or wrapped to make the wiring more tidy.
Hello

I want to add a second GPU to my Asus TUF GAMING B450 mobo.
(GTX 1080 and 1660).
Problem is - there are two PCI slots and no space for the second card.

So, I need a riser. Which one? How do I know it's the correct one and it won't burn the Mobo?

Does Asus TUF GAMING B450 even support 2 GPUs or the slot is for a wifi card?

Cheers
I don't understand the issue here when both the ATX and the mATX versions of the TUF B450 have a second x16 length slot for a card like a GPU. Just install the second card and plug in the PCIE power.

Are you sure you have the B450 TUF or are you actually saying you want to add a third card to your system to mine with? A third card would require a riser as well as it's own PCIE 6pin rail to power it, so keep that in mind for your power supply. Never use the SATA or Molex power adapter cable that it comes with.

Mar 21, 2021
I don't understand the issue here when both the ATX and the mATX versions of the TUF B450 have a second x16 length slot for a card like a GPU. Just install the second card and plug in the PCIE power.

Are you sure you have the B450 TUF or are you actually saying you want to add a third card to your system to mine with? A third card would require a riser as well as it's own PCIE 6pin rail to power it, so keep that in mind for your power supply. Never use the SATA or Molex power adapter cable that it comes with.

Hi,

Indeed there are two PCI slots but there's not space to put the second GPU since the cables at the bottom are preventing it from going in. I assume the second slot was not meant for a GPU and that's why I need a riser.

All of the cables at the bottom (Power, reset switches) and the rest of that row.
There's no way for the second GPU to go in there without a riser.
Can you clarify which motherboard you have? There is the Tuf B450 ATX sized motherboard and the Tuf B450M mATX sized motherboard which is smaller. Check the links I posted before to find the correct one. The only way a second card wouldn't fit in the second lower slot is because of cables in the way if the card itself uses 2.5 to 3 slots of space (should still have a whole slot of space) or if the cables are too short from the front panel to reach over the card. If the cables are too short, you might have extra slack if they are tied up or wrapped to make the wiring more tidy.

Solution
Mar 21, 2021
You're right, it's indeed the Tuf B450M mATX .