[SOLVED] ASUS TUF Gaming FX505DY

Solution
Sure, it's a normal lower - mid gaming laptop. You can find benchmarks on the reviews of it.

I own one, only thing that I don't like is that the fans get loud, but speed drops quite a bit if you set it to low noise mode. I found a great price on one used, half off new price, so ended up buying it. Can't pass up getting a 700-750 laptop less than a year old for 350.

For Photoshop, depends on how you use it, the RGB color gamut on the laptop is average and lower than some other systems. If you do Photoshop for a job, you would want something with a better screen or use an external monitor.
Sure, it's a normal lower - mid gaming laptop. You can find benchmarks on the reviews of it.

I own one, only thing that I don't like is that the fans get loud, but speed drops quite a bit if you set it to low noise mode. I found a great price on one used, half off new price, so ended up buying it. Can't pass up getting a 700-750 laptop less than a year old for 350.

For Photoshop, depends on how you use it, the RGB color gamut on the laptop is average and lower than some other systems. If you do Photoshop for a job, you would want something with a better screen or use an external monitor.

Last edited:
Solution
Nov 6, 2018

I currently own a weaker laptop an i5 lenovo ideapad 305, this is a decent improvement. I will go a look at benchmarks, its a 4c8t laptop better thank my 2c4t i5 laptop. I'm cool even without RGB and I game on titles like FO3 and FONV, I have a gaming PC at home for latest games, I cant help playing old single player games when I am away from home :D, noisy fans is fine as long as it help performance. Its ok as long as it doesn't lag that much on photoshop.

Would an older laptop that have a at least a gtx 1050 better than this one though?

I currently own a weaker laptop an i5 lenovo ideapad 305, this is a decent improvement. I will go a look at benchmarks, its a 4c8t laptop better thank my 2c4t i5 laptop. I'm cool even without RGB and I game on titles like FO3 and FONV, I have a gaming PC at home for latest games, I cant help playing old single player games when I am away from home :D, noisy fans is fine as long as it help performance. Its ok as long as it doesn't lag that much on photoshop.

Would an older laptop that have a at least a gtx 1050 better than this one though?

Used laptops are fine as long as you can test it to make sure things are all good, or can return it easily if you try it and it's not. A used $700 system that used to cost 1,000 a year ago would be better than a new 700 system. RX560 is about equal to a 1050. Not sure about a 1050Ti.

Latest posts