Question Asus TUF Gaming H670-pro WiFi D4 motherboard not outputting video

notasandwich

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2011
installed this motherboard; along with a new i5-12400 CPU, 16GB DDR4 RAM and my existing 980-TI GPU and two hard drives, but I get no HDMI signal whatsoever (neither from the gou or the motherboards HDMI port).

I've tried reseating cables, making sure the 12v and 20 pin connectors where firmly seated buy have gotten no where

notasandwich

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2011
No.post beep means theres maybe a faulty hardware's units. Confirm ram 1st. Do it one by one confirmation.
I removed the GPU and bother sticks of ram. I didn't get an error beep but that is probably because I don't think my case came with connecters for the system speaker (may also explain why I hear no Post beep noise. The QLED light is on; but that may because their is no ram installed

Feb 11, 2022
System won't post with no ram installed, if you have a GPU, connect the HDMI straight to that.
Sam was referring to unplug one stick of ram at a time and confirm the system posts, not both at the same time.
You also have to make sure that your ram is in positions 1 and 3 (the black slots) and NOT next to each other, when testing the ram, plug one into pos. 1, attempt to boot, then if that doesn't work, unplug that one and try the other stick in the same pos.
Some mobos don't beep as well (mine has a POST/BIOS light, check for one of those, they should light up when computer is first turned on)

notasandwich

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2011
....so I ended up getting a signal with only one stick of ram installed in position 4 (or whatever the position furthest away from the CPU is).

Does this mean that I have a bad GPU or perhaps one bad stick of ram?

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2022
....so I ended up getting a signal with only one stick of ram installed in position 4 (or whatever the position furthest away from the CPU is).

Does this mean that I have a bad GPU or perhaps one bad stick of ram?
Yes, that is Pos. 4
Have you tried the other positions as well? If you have tried pos. 1, 2, or 3 and did not get a signal, that would indicate to me that the mobo is faulty. I would do the same test as well with the other sick of ram you have and see if it posts again. If it does, it is most likely your mobo.
I'm assuming that this is a new mobo?

notasandwich

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2011
Yes, that is Pos. 4
Have you tried the other positions as well? If you have tried pos. 1, 2, or 3 and did not get a signal, that would indicate to me that the mobo is faulty. I would do the same test as well with the other sick of ram you have and see if it posts again. If it does, it is most likely your mobo.
I'm assuming that this is a new mobo?
Yes, new motherboard.

Test the dims a bit and it seems like DIMM slot two is faulty. Still need to check dimm slots 1 and 3 and maybe check is can still use the GPU.

However; another problem has reappear that mistakenly made me try two other motherboards thinking it was a hardware issue: Windows 10 does not recognize any of my network device. In device manager they just show up as "Ethernet controller" or "Network controller" and manually trying to install the correct device drivers does nothing.. Evening updating windows via tethering the network connection from a smart phone does not solve the problem.

I am going to go ahead and assume that this has something to do with the copy of windows that I have burned onto a dvdr that I used to do a fresh install of 10 Home 64 bit. Prior to upgrading everything I was run a version that had upgraded from Windows 7 years ago. Is there any way of retrieving that?

TRENDING THREADS