News Asus TUF Gaming Radeon RX 7900 XT, XTX GPU Frequencies Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elusive Ruse

Commendable
Nov 17, 2022
I wonder if that's an architecture limitation cause AMD went pretty conservative with power draw (I know I know, 300+ is still high). Regardless, if other AICs fail to deliver as well, then this gen might cost us more than EVGA unless AMD intentionally limit production to give their partners a leg up. Nvidia apparently have other plans and see the AICs as expendable.

PEnns

Reputable
Apr 25, 2020
"These 3.6 slot behemoths ..."

It seems Asus will not rest till they take away ALL our slots!!

And all that for 9% faster clock than reference...

Polaris983

Reputable
Jun 27, 2019
MSRP cost for this AIB vs the Nvidia GPU with the same cooler will be the "make or break" moment for Asus and their excuses for charging 500 dollars more here for and AMD flagship GPU with the exact same AIB found on the 4080 and 4090 here for the strix model. Charging 300 to $500 more for an AIB cooler is usually about water cooling not some chunky air cooler here.

btmedic04

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2015
I bet asus will charge $1299 for this while their marketing department tells you that you're buying a cooler and quieter card. No thanks. I want the thinner and smaller reference model that doesn't come with the asus tax.

hannibal

Distinguished
I wonder if that's an architecture limitation cause AMD went pretty conservative with power draw (I know I know, 300+ is still high). Regardless, if other AICs fail to deliver as well, then this gen might cost us more than EVGA unless AMD intentionally limit production to give their partners a leg up. Nvidia apparently have other plans and see the AICs as expendable.

Well, I would not call 300W sensible. I would call 450W insane ;)

So yeah, 300W is better, 200W would be sensible. IMHO
But that also tells that gaming GPUs are pushed really far and competition in high end is going to be expensive. So the high end is not anymore everybodys busines. We have now Ferrari, Lamborghini level GPUs that are not sensible any more, unless you want to use as much power as possible and want to pay as much money as possible. Nvidia 4070 and AMD 7700 or 7800 are the real high-end, with everyman's power usage and everyman's high-end prices. (not counting the least gen GPUs in this list than are or should be the bang for the buck option...)

That $1299 sound very plausible to Asus TUF 7900XTX, most likely even more than that. How much is Asus 4080 TUF OC? $1500?

Reactions: Elusive Ruse

Elusive Ruse

Commendable
Nov 17, 2022
Well, I would not call 300W sensible. I would call 450W insane ;)

So yeah, 300W is better, 200W would be sensible. IMHO
But that also tells that gaming GPUs are pushed really far and competition in high end is going to be expensive. So the high end is not anymore everybodys busines. We have now Ferrari, Lamborghini level GPUs that are not sensible any more, unless you want to use as much power as possible and want to pay as much money as possible. Nvidia 4070 and AMD 7700 or 7800 are the real high-end, with everyman's power usage and everyman's high-end prices. (not counting the least gen GPUs in this list than are or should be the bang for the buck option...)

That $1299 sound very plausible to Asus TUF 7900XTX, most likely even more than that. How much is Asus 4080 TUF OC? $1500?
You are right, the GPUs are pushed to such limits that a GPU like 4090 is now being used by professionals who probably don't even have time to play games. And to a lot of them, they are probably getting a sweet deal when you compare the price performance of a 4090 with lower end Quadro/A RTX or whatever Nvidia is calling them nowadays.

As for higher-end everyman's cards, for me the $800 mark (adjusting for today's highly inflated prices) is the ceiling. If I'm paying $1000 or more after taxes, that card better be making me money.

Reactions: hannibal
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS