Question ASUS TUF Gaming VG27VH1B display issues

Sep 10, 2024
I recently upgraded my gpu to a 4070 super, which only has one hdmi port. I have made sure the drivers are up to date from NVIDIA. What I am attempting to do is use the display port on the gpu to run a dual monitor setup with the monitor listed in the post title. With the ASUS monitor only having the choice between hdmi or vga, I have to use a display port from the gpu. Both asus monitors work fine plugged into the hdmi port. I have an old hp2011 monitor that works with a display to dvi adapter from the same gpu, so the display port works. I have attempted to use both a display to hdmi cable and a display to hdmi adapter both of which show display not detected on the asus monitor. I have verified that I have a display to hdmi cable and not the other way around. Also windows10 does not detect the monitor in display settings when trying to do a multiscreen setup. I’m at a loss on this so any help would be greatly appreciated

recently upgraded my gpu to a 4070 s...attempted to use both a display to hdmi cable and a display to hdmi adapter both of which show display not detected on the asus monitor
what was the previous card?

you should almost always run DDU in Safe Mode before installing the new driver package for the new card.
even if from the same manufacturer or distributor the system will be better off re-configuring it's display and graphical processing data for the specific card.

many times cable adapters and converters just can't handle the job they've been designed for.
make sure any used have good reviews from multiple customers/techs and preferably from multiple retail sources.

Sep 10, 2024

you should almost always run DDU in Safe Mode before installing the new driver package for the new card.
even if from the same manufacturer or distributor the system will be better off re-configuring it's display and graphical processing data for the specific card.

many times cable adapters and converters just can't handle the job they've been designed for.
make sure any used have good reviews from multiple customers/techs and preferably from multiple retail sources.
I did a complete DDU and reinstall of the graphics drivers. I still have the same result. The previous card was a 3060. I didn’t attempt to use the display port for the asus monitor when I had the 3060 card, due to it having a hdmi port and only one asus monitor at the time. But the same display to dvi setup for my hp2011 monitor worked the same on the 3060.

Sep 10, 2024

Do you have a recommendation for a good display to hdmi cable that you think would work for this application?