Question Asus TUF Gaming x570 pci express root port problem

Moisser

Reputable
May 1, 2019
Hi guys, so I just bought a new computer and after I did all the windows updates and the majority of the drivers and programs I restarted my Windows and at the next boot it got stuck at windows loading screen (the circle was loading but in a very strange way like in 5 fps or so) and it never got passed that point. So I thought it is a Windows issue (got corrupted or so), so I reinstalled it, but after doing the same thing with the drivers and updates, at the next restart/ boot same thing happened. This time I knew it is a driver issue and restarted in safe mode and started disabling drivers one by one in device manager. After many hours of doing this (multiple crashes and all) I managed to boot normally again, I found that if I keept one of the PCI express root port disabled my computer runs normally. The thing is now if I am trying to enable it even in safe mode I receive a blue screen (amd.data.sys) instantly, so I cannot touch them. See the picture
View: https://imgur.com/CasTmE4
. Is this error going to stay until they release a BIOS update (because I have the latest version 1005 ) or is there another solution to solve things like this?
Windows 10 Pro

Ryzen 3700x
ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI)
32 GB RAM Corsair 3200mhz 16-18-18-36
MSI RX 470 4gb

Sep 5, 2019
I had problems with windows 10 as well, i used a windows 10 version from 2015 and ater like 5 minutes windows was crashing. make sure you ahve downlaoded the newest Windows from microsoft.

Ryzen 3700x
ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI)
32 GB RAM Corsair dominator 3200mhz 16-18-18-36
MSI nvidia gforce gtx 970

Sep 5, 2019
Hi, I have similar problems (mine is random restarts) and am seeing the PCI express root port in the Event Viewer logs. I have the same CPU and motherboard, and am now trying to do a memtest with my Memory (Patriot Viper Steel 3600 CL17) now on DOCP stock (I tried putting the Gear Down Mode to Disabled and force 1T, otherwise, my CL sticks to CL18). Any updates on your issue?

vwcrusher

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2012
FWIW, I also am using the same CPU/MB combo and my issue was with MS. I tried transferring my license from one older pc to this setup. After following the instructions from Tom's it just wouldn't work. Eventually called MS and it took him over an HOUR to get it to work.......GL.

Moisser

Reputable
May 1, 2019
FWIW, I also am using the same CPU/MB combo and my issue was with MS. I tried transferring my license from one older pc to this setup. After following the instructions from Tom's it just wouldn't work. Eventually called MS and it took him over an HOUR to get it to work.......GL.
What is MS? sorry for asking.

in device manager click on view -> device by connection
find that pcie root port and see what devices are connected to it

here mine example
q4NDRUl.jpg

Moisser

Reputable
May 1, 2019
in device, manager click on view -> device by connection
find that pcie root port and see what devices are connected to it

here mine example
q4NDRUl.jpg
I have found the issue but still, I don't have a solution for it. Here is the screenshot that you asked, it is the ''Standard SATA AHCI Controller'' View: https://imgur.com/5S1O9we
. I had the time for a new Windows install and I made the drivers install slowly one by one, and discovered that if I leave the standard driver from Windows for it (which is from 2006), it will boot just fine, soon as I update it, Windows will not boot, only in Safe Mode. Now that I know the problem I will write to Asus to see what they say about this.