[SOLVED] Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard DRAM Light On

ryguyhunter

Commendable
Apr 23, 2018
Computer will not boot/or allow entry into bios. Just shows blank screen and monitor does not detect any input. Yellow DRAM LED is lit up. Machine was working fine, then I moved the system 1 hour away from its original position and now the system will not function.

Steps Taken:

Removed and re-seated DRAM - DRAM light is still on/No POST

Tested each DRAM stick in different slots 1 at a time - DRAM light is still on/No POST

Full Power Cycle - DRAM light is still on/No POST

Known Good stick of DRAM - DRAM light is still on/No POST

Removed GPU - DRAM light is still on/No POST

Used CMOS jumper - DRAM light is still on/No POST

I am about out of ideas here, im starting to think maybe the board might have somehow got damaged in the move. Please offer any solutions you may have.

Solution
I have tried removing the CMOS battery as the alternative to the jumper. I did the process twice (2 times for each RAM stick) and the DRAM LED on the mobo is still on.
Odd sound like the fault lays withing the dimm slots. I waunder if something is clogging up your ports i would try a can of compressed air. Blow the dimm slots out and give that a shot
Computer will not boot/or allow entry into bios. Just shows blank screen and monitor does not detect any input. Yellow DRAM LED is lit up. Machine was working fine, then I moved the system 1 hour away from its original position and now the system will not function.

Steps Taken:

Removed and re-seated DRAM - DRAM light is still on/No POST

Tested each DRAM stick in different slots 1 at a time - DRAM light is still on/No POST

Full Power Cycle - DRAM light is still on/No POST

Known Good stick of DRAM - DRAM light is still on/No POST

Removed GPU - DRAM light is still on/No POST

Used CMOS jumper - DRAM light is still on/No POST

I am about out of ideas here, im starting to think maybe the board might have somehow got damaged in the move. Please offer any solutions you may have.
People seem to think they do the jumper trick right, but not always as simple as it seems. Usually the easiest way to reset and clear your bios is pull the bios battery with the psu unplugged then hold the power button on the case for 30s x2 times then reseat the bios battery in the mobo plug the psu back in and try booting with one stick at a time. Reset bios each stick

ryguyhunter

Commendable
Apr 23, 2018
People seem to think they do the jumper trick right, but not always as simple as it seems. Usually the easiest way to reset and clear your bios is pull the bios battery with the psu unplugged then hold the power button on the case for 30s x2 times then reseat the bios battery in the mobo plug the psu back in and try booting with one stick at a time. Reset bios each stick
I have tried removing the CMOS battery as the alternative to the jumper. I did the process twice (2 times for each RAM stick) and the DRAM LED on the mobo is still on.

Odd sound like the fault lays withing the dimm slots. I waunder if something is clogging up your ports i would try a can of compressed air. Blow the dimm slots out and give that a shot

Solution
Oct 19, 2020
This same thing happened to me last night. All I did was try to add 2 more sticks of RAM, and since then it will not post. It has been working fine for months, and for some reason trying to add RAM has caused a problem.

This same thing happened to me last night. All I did was try to add 2 more sticks of RAM, and since then it will not post. It has been working fine for months, and for some reason trying to add RAM has caused a problem.
Were the ram sticks you tried to add the same modle as what was already in the system and dis you try clearimg the bios after said two stick and try the original sticks again

Oct 19, 2020
Were the ram sticks you tried to add the same modle as what was already in the system and dis you try clearimg the bios after said two stick and try the original sticks again
Yeah, they were the exact same make and model. I pulled the mobo battery, shorted pins to reset the CMOS, then tried the original RAM configuration and still got the DRAM light.