[SOLVED] ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS bios settings ?

dimtodim

Reputable
This is my title board i'm interested in how to set up 1usmus Custom Power Plan for Ryzen 3000. i found all the identical settings but i didn't have these two AMD Cool'n'Quiet = Enabled and PPC Adjustment = PState 0 ... Are they perhaps under a different name? Thank you

Solution
This is my title board i'm interested in how to set up 1usmus Custom Power Plan for Ryzen 3000. i found all the identical settings but i didn't have these two AMD Cool'n'Quiet = Enabled and PPC Adjustment = PState 0 ... Are they perhaps under a different name? Thank you

CPPC Preferred Cores = Enabled
AMD Cool'n'Quiet = Enabled
PPC Adjustment = PState 0
Did you ever find the PPC Adjustment ? In the Crosshair VIII it is under AMD CBS > Zen Common Options. It doesn't seem to be included in the TUF X570? Maybe it's hidden somewhere else? I don't think so. The CPPC option they added in July. AMD Cool'n'Quiet is deprecated. To my knowledge, the whole OC procedure is INVALID without this: PPC Adjustment = PState 0

Lutfij

Titan
Which BIOS version are you currently on? I've stated this before on other threads, please find it in your heart to post your full system's specs in your thread's body as opposed to leaving them in your sig space. The logic behind that is sig space specs can and will change over time and this thread with it's relevant suggestions will become moot to the poor soul who'll be in the same boat as you.

It's advised to list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:

derekmoore333

Reputable
Mar 12, 2019

Did you ever find the PPC Adjustment ? In the Crosshair VIII it is under AMD CBS > Zen Common Options. It doesn't seem to be included in the TUF X570? Maybe it's hidden somewhere else? I don't think so. The CPPC option they added in July. AMD Cool'n'Quiet is deprecated. To my knowledge, the whole OC procedure is INVALID without this: PPC Adjustment = PState 0

Solution

dimtodim

Reputable
i dont find PPC Adjustment = PState 0
but i read somewhere procedure can work without that two settings but i dont believe :)

Oct 9, 2020
i dont find PPC Adjustment = PState 0
but i read somewhere procedure can work without that two settings but i dont believe :)
I found the answer here https://www.hardwareluxx.de/communi...und-laberthread.1235746/page-79#post-27326346
  • Global C-state Control = Enabled (Advanced\AMD CBS\CPU Common Options)
  • CPPC = Enabled (Advanced\AMD CBS\NBIO Common Options\SMU Common Options)
  • CPPC Preferred Cores = Enabled (Advanced\AMD CBS\NBIO Common Options\SMU Common Options)
  • AMD Cool'n'Quiet = Enabled (Advanced\AMD CBS\NBIO Common Options\SMU Common Options\DF Cstates = Enabled)
  • PPC Adjustment = PState 0 (Advanced\AMD CBS\NBIO Common Options\SMU Common Options\APBDIS = 1 und Fixed SOC Pstate = P0)
Also AMD's "Cool n Quiet" might be "ASUS C1E" and is found in:
Advanced \ AMD CBS \ CPU Common Options.

derekmoore333

Reputable
Mar 12, 2019

AMD CBS\NBIO Common Options is not in the latest 2607 Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus Wifi BIOS. Those settings in that thread appear to be from the Epyc processor guide, "Workload Tuning Guide for AMD EPYC™ 7002 Series Processor Based Servers". They are not in this motherboard's BIOS so this doesn't work.
https://developer.amd.com/wp-content/resources/56745_0.80.pdf

dimtodim

Reputable
AMD CBS\NBIO Common Options is not in the latest 2607 Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus Wifi BIOS. Those settings in that thread appear to be from the Epyc processor guide, "Workload Tuning Guide for AMD EPYC™ 7002 Series Processor Based Servers". They are not in this motherboard's BIOS so this doesn't work.
https://developer.amd.com/wp-content/resources/56745_0.80.pdf
ok anyway i offset voltage -0.1 and its ok now temp is lower but jumping that is amd :)