[SOLVED] ASUS TUF Gaming X570 Plus integrated graphics

philled

Distinguished
May 19, 2012
I've just installed a new motherboard (ASUS TUF Gaming X570 Plus Wi-Fi) and CPU (AMD Ryzen 7 3700X). The motherboard has HDMI and DisplayPort connectors but when I boot I get 1 long beep and 3 short beeps which means "No VGA detected". If I put a graphics card in it works fine, but I'd like to use the integrated graphics. I have a couple of theories about what the problem is but am hoping someone can confirm for me:
  1. I haven't connected the PSU to a connector somewhere on the motherboard that provides power to the integrated graphics, or
  2. I've got the same issue as this thread (CPU doesn't support integrated graphics) - https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...motherboard-with-integrated-graphics.3603601/
Can anyone please advise?

Solution
I've just installed a new motherboard (ASUS TUF Gaming X570 Plus Wi-Fi) and CPU (AMD Ryzen 7 3700X). The motherboard has HDMI and DisplayPort connectors but when I boot I get 1 long beep and 3 short beeps which means "No VGA detected". If I put a graphics card in it works fine, but I'd like to use the integrated graphics. I have a couple of theories about what the problem is but am hoping someone can confirm for me:
  1. I haven't connected the PSU to a connector somewhere on the motherboard that provides power to the integrated graphics, or
  2. I've got the same issue as this thread (CPU doesn't support integrated graphics) -...
  2. I've got the same issue as this thread (CPU doesn't support integrated graphics) - https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...motherboard-with-integrated-graphics.3603601/
Can anyone please advise?
No, Ryzen 7 3700X doesn't have onboard graphic, so you need GPU to boot.
Except for Ryzen with "G" series, they have Vega Onboard graphic (example : Ryzen 5 2400G).

Reactions: a_w2020 and philled
Solution