[SOLVED] Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS unable to boot/configure BIOS using onboard HDMI port?

raughnbo

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2013
Hello! I've recently built a PC with this ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus motherboard and a Ryzen 9 3900X CPU, I currently do not have a GPU my build. I am unable to get a graphics signal from the onboard HDMI port on the motherboard to be able to configure the BIOS
I am unable to find any information about this good motherboard user manual.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Solution
Hello! I've recently built a PC with this ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus motherboard and a Ryzen 9 3900X CPU, I currently do not have a GPU my build. I am unable to get a graphics signal from the onboard HDMI port on the motherboard to be able to configure the BIOS

Your motherboard is capable of Integrated graphics with the correct processor however The Ryzen 9-3900X CPU are X series processors meaning they don't have an integrated graphical processing unit.
You will have to instal a dedicated GPU to enable output to your Monitor.

PiVO 7717

Reputable
Aug 18, 2019
I think there is a set of lights on the top right near the last slot for the Ram sticks from left to right, it would tell you the problem, for example mine had a bad ram stick, when booting for the first time mine got stuck as yours but one of the lights were on and on the board it said something like Dram next to the light that was on

Your motherboard is capable of Integrated graphics with the correct processor however The Ryzen 9-3900X CPU are X series processors meaning they don't have an integrated graphical processing unit.
You will have to instal a dedicated GPU to enable output to your Monitor.

Solution

raughnbo

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2013
You will have to install a dedicated GPU to enable output to your Monitor.
==Thanks, just the info I needed, for some reason I thought the GPU was built into the motherboard==

raughnbo

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2013
I think there is a set of lights on the top right near the last slot for the Ram sticks from left to right, it would tell you the problem, for example mine had a bad ram stick, when booting for the first time mine got stuck as yours but one of the lights were on and on the board it said something like Dram next to the light that was on
Thanks, my VGA led stayed on [bright blue], but the BOOT led next to it turned green.

nkcLzsJ.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: PiVO 7717