Question ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi) - RAM Upgrade - please help

Apr 5, 2023
Hi,

I hope this is the right thread to ask for help.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT

Mobo: ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi)

PSU: NZXT C650 - NP-C650M-UK - 650 Watt

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition

RAM: 16GB (KLEVV CRAS X RGB 16GB kit (8GB x2) 3600MHz Gaming Memory DDR4-RAM XMP 2.0 High Performance Overclocking)

I'm having an issue with upgrading my RAM to 32GB. I brought an additional 2x KLEVV 8GB sticks exactly the same one that I got in my system. However, my PC didn't boot up with 4 sticks. I tried enable XMP in BIOS settings but still doesn't work. I have no clue at all with other settings.

I was using Crucial CT8G4DFD824A 8 GB (DDR4, 2400 MT/s, PC4-19200, DIMM 288-Pin before with the same Mobo. I brought KLEVV RAM kit for for RGB look hehe.

Please let me know if there is any additional info required to provide help. Thank you!

Hi,

I hope this is the right thread to ask for help.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT

Mobo: ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi)

PSU: NZXT C650 - NP-C650M-UK - 650 Watt

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition

RAM: 16GB (KLEVV CRAS X RGB 16GB kit (8GB x2) 3600MHz Gaming Memory DDR4-RAM XMP 2.0 High Performance Overclocking)

I'm having an issue with upgrading my RAM to 32GB. I brought an additional 2x KLEVV 8GB sticks exactly the same one that I got in my system. However, my PC didn't boot up with 4 sticks. I tried enable XMP in BIOS settings but still doesn't work. I have no clue at all with other settings.

I was using Crucial CT8G4DFD824A 8 GB (DDR4, 2400 MT/s, PC4-19200, DIMM 288-Pin before with the same Mobo. I brought KLEVV RAM kit for for RGB look hehe.

Please let me know if there is any additional info required to provide help. Thank you!
Reset CMOS to force the CPU to retrain for the new memory configuration and run memory on default settings.

It's can be difficult to get 4 DIMM RAM kits to run above 2666 speeds, 3600 speed by just setting XMP is very doubtful as it will require considerable tweaking of the timings if it is to work at all.

Reactions: genxcop
Apr 5, 2023
Reset CMOS to force the CPU to retrain for the new memory configuration and run memory on default settings.

It's can be difficult to get 4 DIMM RAM kits to run above 2666 speeds, 3600 speed by just setting XMP is very doubtful as it will require considerable tweaking of the timings if it is to work at all.

I see. I did not know about the tweaking part. I thought my mobo supported 3600 then I bought it straight away :(
For the knowledge, if I need to replace RAMs in the future, where/how can I find out if it is require additional tweaks?

I see. I did not know about the tweaking part. I thought my mobo supported 3600 then I bought it straight away :(
For the knowledge, if I need to replace RAMs in the future, where/how can I find out if it is require additional tweaks?
It probably does support 3600 with 2 DIMM's, one on each channel, since you have a 3800XT. But there are very few boards that use the right signal and data trace routing topology for 4 DIMM's. You can try it but don't be surprised if it doesn't work.

But technically, anything over 3200 is overclocking since 3000 and 5000 series CPU's are only rated to that memory speed with 2 DIMM's and 2666 with 4 DIMM's.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS