Review Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus Wi-Fi Review: Solid Features for $200

regs01

Honorable
Apr 15, 2018
Worldwide it cost $220-$240. And wouldn't call it solid features. For $240 it should have USB 3.1 header, ALC1220-VB audio, two ethernet adapters 1 GbE + 2.5 GbE, BIOS Flashback, built-in I/O panel shield and many more features. The red price for this board is $160. It's way overpriced.

Aug 20, 2019
Worldwide it cost $220-$240. And wouldn't call it solid features. For $240 it should have USB 3.1 header, ALC1220-VB audio, two ethernet adapters 1 GbE + 2.5 GbE, BIOS Flashback, built-in I/O panel shield and many more features. The red price for this board is $160. It's way overpriced.

It's $200 in the US and that's where this site calls home. Where do you see another X570 chipset motherboard that has your list of "should haves" at this price point? Nowhere, that's where. Maybe you're comparing to X470 or lower boards' specs. Solid features don't mean all the bells and whistles you'd personally like to have. Most people have no need for 2.5 GbE ethernet for example. This board has the best DRMs at this price point, runs cooler than even the Aorus Elite during full workload, and can easily handle the 3900X and lots of fast RAM. Any currently existing X570 board other than this or the Aorus Elite, at or below $200, is not worth considering for a serious build. IMO it's lacking some USB ports on the back, like the additional 4 USB 2.0 ports the Aorus Elite has (and I do agree about the lack of an integrated I/O plate), and would prefer Intel LAN over Realtek, but I'm getting this board anyway. It's on G.SKILL's QVL list for the Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600MHz CL16-19-19-39 64GB (4x16GB) kit I have coming, and the Aorus Elite isn't, which sealed the deal for me.

Soaptrail

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2015

This board does have CrashFree BIOS 3 but since i have yet to use it i cannot confirm it works. I could care less about the I/O shield. I chose it over the Gigabyte since it has debug LEDs or as Asus calls it QLED's. Even the Qcode 2 digit code is lame, you need a decoder book to understand it. Debug LED's should be on every mobo!

But what is annoying is when the windows software AI Suite 3 app is broken by Windows 10 updates and Asus does not update the motherboard download page. For my Z97 board i found it under new motherboard downloads but i had to hunt for it.

Also the price has been dropping, it is down to $180 at Micro Center.

Soaptrail

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2015
With a solid feature set including USB-C and Wi-Fi at a budget price for this platform, Asus’ TUF Gaming X570 Plus WiFi is a solid choice for a mid-range AMD build.

Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus Wi-Fi Review: Solid Features for $200 : Read more

In the article it says there are 6 fan headers, does that include the AIO pump header? If not there are only 5.

along with another (of six) fan headers.

also when do we need to use the additional 4 pin power plug for the CPU? It does not state in the manual.

uwhusky1991

Reputable
May 7, 2020
So, there are 2 M2 slots but only one has a heat sink? Seems like a significant miss there. I was planning to run 2 M2 nvme drives in Raid 0. Can you buy a heat sink for an M2 drive?

cat1092

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
So, there are 2 M2 slots but only one has a heat sink? Seems like a significant miss there. I was planning to run 2 M2 nvme drives in Raid 0. Can you buy a heat sink for an M2 drive?
There are a few M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 x4 SSD's which ships with a heatsink. More does than doesn't in fact, I presume due to extra heat buildup.

One can also obtain a DIY NVMe heatsink. The best ones are copper based, these has been on the market for 2-3 years. :)

This MB looks to be a great deal, I keep looking with an itchy finger. Yet my Z97-i7-4790K system which has served me well for 5 years continues to do so. Also have a same of the same MB (ASRock Z97 Extreme6), only with it's little brother (i5-4690K).

I need to see advances in GPU's, like not just memory, rather moving on from the same old HDMI 2.0(b) & Displayport 1.4 & into HDMI 2.1 & DP 2.0 territory before doing a build. There would be no need to add such a card to this system, as will be bottlenecked.

So for one looking to do a X570 build, I'd recommend this MB w./out hesitation.:D

EDIT: Watch out when buying on Amazon, some are complaining of receiving used, open box or inoperable MB's, this should be stated in description.

Cat

Jul 11, 2020
How do you update the bios on this board then without flashback?