Question ASUS TUF GAMING X570 - PLUS WIFI MOBO ISSUES , FOR SECURE BOOT

yabarsho123

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2016
Hello
Im trying to get windows 10 to acknowledge that i have secure boot enabled already but does not appear to show.
i have tried to go into bios on the board and turn off CSM but when i do it wont show the drive i have windows 10 on show up as a boot option.
this is the only thing i believe preventing me from secure boot being enabled and showing on windows 10.
secure boot is up and running i see the keys generated on there. I just cant disable CSM becuase then my drives wont show up for boot options.
(not sure if this helps but my windows runs under UEFI BOOT i believe)
thanks for any info!

Hello
Im trying to get windows 10 to acknowledge that i have secure boot enabled already but does not appear to show.
i have tried to go into bios on the board and turn off CSM but when i do it wont show the drive i have windows 10 on show up as a boot option.
this is the only thing i believe preventing me from secure boot being enabled and showing on windows 10.
secure boot is up and running i see the keys generated on there. I just cant disable CSM becuase then my drives wont show up for boot options.
(not sure if this helps but my windows runs under UEFI BOOT i believe)
thanks for any info!
You may believe it but that's most probably not the case. If windows were installed in UEFI mode it can also boot in CSM/Legacy mode but not the other way around.
Check OS drives in question, they should be in GPT not MBR and would have EFI partition if installed in UEFI mode.
Disks could be easily converted from MBR to GPT without data loss.

Reactions: drea.drechsler

yabarsho123

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2016
You may believe it but that's most probably not the case. If windows were installed in UEFI mode it can also boot in CSM/Legacy mode but not the other way around.
Check OS drives in question, they should be in GPT not MBR and would have EFI partition if installed in UEFI mode.
Disks could be easily converted from MBR to GPT without data loss.
i will give this a shot!