Question ASUS Tuf Gaming X570-Pro cycling through POST lights ?

Mar 12, 2022
Specs:

ASUS Tuf Gaming x570 pro
Ryzen 9 3900x
Evga Nvidea GeForce Rtx 2070 super
Gskill Ripjaws 3200 DDR4 16gb (x4)
Samsung 970 Evo plus m.2 500gb (x1)
Powerspec 750 watt 80 plus gold

Issue:
I built the PC myself. All parts are between 1 and 2 years old. Had issues with the motherboard in the past, such as intermittent not recognizing the lan network adapter and I would have to disable the device, shut down and disconnect from power, and then reboot and enable the device for it to recognize it again. This has been ongoing since purchase.

Then beginning about 2 months ago, the pc started refusing to post and would either just repeatedly cycle through the orange, red, and white post lights or get stuck on the white post light. With enough restarts, i could eventually get to bios and then boot in safemode, restart and the problem would correct itself. This has happened maybe 4 or 5 times over the past 6 to 8 weeks.

Earlier today, the problem reoccurred. I was using the computer to play Elden Ring and decided to restart before loading up a new game and the PC refused to posted and cycled through the post lights. However, this time, it will not allow me to get to bios and since the problem is reoccurring it seems I should probably figure out the issue, so it can be fixed. All the fans are spinning and it ties to post, fails to progress past the white light and then resets the cycle or just stalls at the white post light.

What I have tried:

1. Changed monitor’s DP cable
  2. Reseat the GPU in the second GPU slot and again in the primary slot
  3. Reseat all memory sticks (I have not tested individually though)
  4. Remove mother board’s internal battery to reset mother board
  5. Check all wires plugged into the mother board and GPU to confirm nothing was loose
I greatly appreciate any advice. Thanks

UPDATE (the plot thickens):

I left the PC disconnected from the power source overnight and this morning I was able to access bios and boot through safe mode. I then shut down the pc, reconnected the second monitor and other external components and the pc posted and booted normally.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2022
UPDATE (the plot thickens):

I left the PC disconnected from the power source over night and this morning I was able to access bios and boot through safe mode. I then shut down the pc, reconnected the second monitor and other external components and the pc posted and booted normally.

Mar 12, 2022
4.Remove mother board’s internal battery to reset mother board NO GOOD
does not work in the manual page 1.9 chapter 1.1.7 clear rtc IMPORTANT turn off POWER unplugg PSU use metal object screwdriver to short pins CLRTC
Thank you for the reply. I will make sure to note this for next time. I posted an update, but after leaving the pc disconnected overnight, it is now booting normally. Any ideas what my issue could be?