[SOLVED] ASUS TUF RTX 3070 Cyberpunk 2077 Artifacting ? ONLY WHEN RTX is on ULTRA and DLSS (Quality) are enabled together .

FaelanTM

Prominent
Sep 2, 2020
Hello guys , i need help to know if my BRAND NEW OUT OF THE BOX GPU is dead/dying or its the game .

So here is the video where you can see if im correct ARTIFACTING

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsEvuAL8-Hc

It only happens when RTX is on ULTRA with Ray-Traced Reflections Enabled and DLSS together IF i disable the Reflections or the DLSS this issue stops and i can play without problems. everything on ULTRA only those 2 options are making those flashes to appear and not everywhere but on some places like this one if i turn the character the opposite way it stops etc its like only when there is reflection or something

PS: If i lets say Enable Ray-Traced Reflections but Disable DLSS the issue also stops but then it has lower FPS but no Artifacting . Also if i DISABLE Ray-Traced Reflections but ENABLE DLSS Quality also stops and i can play with no problems .

PLEASE HELP cuz its a brand new GPU on 2 days . It only happens in Cyberpunk as i tried Control , Sherlock Holmes Chapter One (everything on Ultra as i wasn't sure if it has RTX or no ) and Dying Light 2 no issues . ONLY in Cyberpunk on these settings . Is it the game or the card ? :\

ejYb5b8.png

PS 2 : After 2 Benchmarks and 1 Burn - in test - Superposition ( every resolutuon 1080p , 4k optimized and 8k optimized ) + FurMark 1080p and Burn in test - NO ARTIFACATS - again only on Cyberpunk with those settings enabled together

Solution
I don’t have play CP but the fact it only happens in that game and CP has been a bug fest since it launched I’d think it’s more likely a problem with that game.

FaelanTM

Prominent
Sep 2, 2020
I don’t have play CP but the fact it only happens in that game and CP has been a bug fest since it launched I’d think it’s more likely a problem with that game.
Can it be that the card is only 8GB VRAM and when i max the game all on Ultra + RTX and DLSS that maybe its more than 8GB and the card can't keep it up ?

Can it be that the card is only 8GB VRAM and when i max the game all on Ultra + RTX and DLSS that maybe its more than 8GB and the card can't keep it up ?
It would not expect artifacting in that scenario, but major stuttering. Many years ago I had a 780 3gb and when that ran out of vram for a game it caused major stuttering. I would have thought a game like CP should tell you if you didn’t have enough vram for the settings being used.

Reactions: FaelanTM

FaelanTM

Prominent
Sep 2, 2020
It would not expect artifacting in that scenario, but major stuttering. Many years ago I had a 780 3gb and when that ran out of vram for a game it caused major stuttering. I would have thought a game like CP should tell you if you didn’t have enough vram for the settings being used.

Thanks dude , i really got scared that is the card but now while i was writing this was also downloading Shadow Of the Tomb Raider and maxed the settings RTX etc everything on Ultra and run a benchmark No Artifacting it looks like its only Cyberpunk and only in some places in the game like these vending machines ( then there was a trash can ) etc guess its the game ... cuz no other game- app makes that issue only CP

Mar 7, 2022
apparently im having the same issue here, only with the gtx 1660 ti. my game is set to high/ultra, it only happens in CP in some areas, tired other games as well and no issues what so ever. i literally sh*t my pants when it started to happen. i kinda feel relieved that i found your post

Reactions: FaelanTM

FaelanTM

Prominent
Sep 2, 2020
apparently im having the same issue here, only with the gtx 1660 ti. my game is set to high/ultra, it only happens in CP in some areas, tired other games as well and no issues what so ever. i literally sh*t my pants when it started to happen. i kinda feel relieved that i found your post
Yeah just like the others said if its only in CP its probably the game . I fixed my issue lowering RTX to Medium from High/Ultra :D

Latest posts