Question ASUS TUF VG279QM monitor flickering issue

Jul 12, 2020
My ASUS TUF VG279QM monitor flickers every now and then when overclocked to 280hz, anyone know how to fix this? I use displayport (240hz works fine and has no issues, but I'd like to use 280hz of course even if it's just a small difference, but if there's no way to fix this flickering issue easily I'll settle for 240hz)

From a review I just read:

"The native refresh rate of the VG279QM is 240Hz but Asus also offer an overclocking option from within the OSD menu. This can boost the refresh rate up to a maximum 280Hz, although it is not guaranteed and may vary from one sample to another, or depending on your system. If you experience any issues with flickering or artefacts at the overclocked 280Hz mode, there is also the option in the OSD to limit the overclock to 270Hz"

Reactions: Genr8
Jul 12, 2020
From a review I just read:

"The native refresh rate of the VG279QM is 240Hz but Asus also offer an overclocking option from within the OSD menu. This can boost the refresh rate up to a maximum 280Hz, although it is not guaranteed and may vary from one sample to another, or depending on your system. If you experience any issues with flickering or artefacts at the overclocked 280Hz mode, there is also the option in the OSD to limit the overclock to 270Hz"
I have tried 270hz but it still has the same problems