jam500

Distinguished
May 3, 2014
I am looking for a 1440p 144hz second monitor (will be the main display) and trying to decide between the ASUS TUF VG27AQ(IPS) vs VG27WQ(Curved VA). My current display is the ASUS VG248QE (1080p 144hz TN-panel) so I'm wanting either a VA or an IPS panel for my second one. In my country the AQ is $100 more expensive.

I mainly play CS:GO at a high(ish) level so response times matter to me, but I also play more visual games such as AC:Odyssey and Witcher 3 every now and then. I watch a lot of movies/TV shows as well.

Is the extra $100 worth it for the IPS panel for better colours or should i settle for the VA with better contrast?

Any suggestions would be great!

Solution
So you think its worth it to save the $100? Do movies/tv shows look just as good on VA or do you still use your IPS for that?
Cheers for the reply
Yes, it is worth it.
I use my VA panel all the time now, i use it for everything.
But it wont go super bright, only up to 250 nitts, but the brightness is still decent.

mirojasiu

Commendable
Dec 17, 2018
I just got a VA panel monitor 2 days ago, earlier i was using IPS.
VA is comparable, it does looks good.
If you want to go between those two monitors you mentioned, you should pick the asus tuf vg27wq.
I got a MSI G24C4 wich i recommend, but its only 1080p.

jam500

Distinguished
May 3, 2014
I just got a VA panel monitor 2 days ago, earlier i was using IPS.
VA is comparable, it does looks good.
If you want to go between those two monitors you mentioned, you should pick the asus tuf vg27wq.
I got a MSI G24C4 wich i recommend, but its only 1080p.

So you think its worth it to save the $100? Do movies/tv shows look just as good on VA or do you still use your IPS for that?
Cheers for the reply

mirojasiu

Commendable
Dec 17, 2018
Cheers for the reply
Yes, it is worth it.
I use my VA panel all the time now, i use it for everything.
But it wont go super bright, only up to 250 nitts, but the brightness is still decent.

Solution

mirojasiu

Commendable
Dec 17, 2018
I've got a Zotac amp extreme 2070 with a 3700x, will handle 1440p well for the games I play... except AC:Odyssey lol, brightness isn't too much of an issue as I mostly use it in the dark anyway.
cool, just saying i think you should save the $100 unless you want a 1440p monitor, wich my friend has but a bit more expensive