[SOLVED] ASUS TUF VG27AQ VS VIEWSONIC ELITE XG270QG?

Aug 15, 2020
Hey guys! I’m in the market for a new gaming monitor. I also edit films so that could be a factor in this comparison. I’ve found that these two seem to be the best IPS gaming panels for 1440p out there right now, as far as features and specs go. Which should I go with?

Solution
Hey guys! I’m in the market for a new gaming monitor. I also edit films so that could be a factor in this comparison. I’ve found that these two seem to be the best IPS gaming panels for 1440p out there right now, as far as features and specs go. Which should I go with?
The major difference I could find between the two monitors is, the Asus uses AMD Freesync and the ViewSonic uses G-sync. So depending on your graphics card, you may or may not be able to take advantage of the elimination of screen tearing. Remember, if you have a AMD graphics card you WON'T be able to use G-sync but if you have a Nvidias graphic card, you WILL be able to use AMD Freesync.
Another factor is price, from what I can see the Viewsonic is almost double...
Aug 31, 2020
The major difference I could find between the two monitors is, the Asus uses AMD Freesync and the ViewSonic uses G-sync. So depending on your graphics card, you may or may not be able to take advantage of the elimination of screen tearing. Remember, if you have a AMD graphics card you WON'T be able to use G-sync but if you have a Nvidias graphic card, you WILL be able to use AMD Freesync.
Another factor is price, from what I can see the Viewsonic is almost double the Asus.
Asus:£448.95 Box.co.uk
Viewsonic: £716.40 Amazon UK
So if money is an important factor then the Asus is best for buck.
Lets say none of the above is a problem, you have a nvidia graphics card and money isn't a problem then the real question is what is your main priority?
If its gaming then the Asus is better plus it also has two HDMI 2.0 ports which is great for console gaming. But If you priorities picture quality then the Viewsonic is much better as they use a LG panel and although the contrast isn't as high as the ASUS, everything else about the panel is much better plus it also has a usb hub.
Heres a link to a website which tells you everything you need to know about these two.
https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/comparison/2ed9f1c6d

Solution