Feb 6, 2020
I'm building my new PC
Components:

Processor : Ryzen 5 3600
GPU : Inno3D GTX 1660 Ti
SSD : Crucial P1 (1TB)
Motherboard : Asus Tuf X570 Gaming Plus (WiFi)
Ram : Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB x1 (3200 MHz)
PSU : Corsair CX650M

I've connected everything right but my system won't boot at all.
Q LEDs check every component(CPU,DRAM,VGA Card and Booting Device) but it stops at VGA Card(white colour) and it won't boot from there.
Please help me.

And my monitor is working too.(using HDMI)

And I also tried using different monitor using VGA converter and it doesn't help

Did you connect the PCIe power connector to the graphics card?

Did you connect the HDMI cable to the GPU and not the motherboard?

Take some pictures of your rig, upload these to e.g. imgur and post the links in here

Is the GPU plugged into the upper PCIe port?

plug in the RAM in dimm slot A2 (the most right one, 4th from CPU)

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2020
Did you connect the PCIe power connector to the graphics card?

Did you connect the HDMI cable to the GPU and not the motherboard?

Take some pictures of your rig, upload these to e.g. imgur and post the links in here

Is the GPU plugged into the upper PCIe port?

plug in the RAM in dimm slot A2 (the most right one, 4th from CPU)

One more problem 😭

First of all thanks a lot for all this.
1. Connected PCIe Power connector to the graphics card after you said to me ( thanks for that)

2. Yeah I did connected HDMI to the Graphics Card.

3. GPU plugged into the upper port

4. RAM plugged into the right most of all ports.

But after doing all this It has been stopped at Green Light which is Boot and it isn't booting and I can't see anything on the display.

CosmicDance

Notable
Jun 11, 2019
Does your motherboard say it is Ryzen 3000 ready on the box?
If not then it will need a BIOS update.

Also you would get far better performance once it is working if you used 2 X 8GB of RAM as it would run in dual channel mode.

Andy

Sep 24, 2020
I Just put together a new build with asus x570-plus tug gaming, 3700x and 5700xt. At the first boot I got the dreaded white led glaring at me. I tried a lot of different things to fix it, but no go and with everything being brand new hardwaare I found it odd, so I tested the GPU elsewhere and it worked fine. But putting it back, still the dang white light.

Then on a idiotic idea, I swapped the power leads around, bot where the type that can be either 6 or 8 leads so it wasn't a problem. Neither should it really change anything, but to my surprise the system booted up and worked. Putting it back = broken, switching them around = works.

Didn't I make sure the the contacts were fully inserted, no, all of them was fully set?

WTF?? Shouldn't those two PCIe contacts from the PSU be identical?? WTF is going on? Maybe if I had a way to test the leads, it might tell me something, because this was beyond weird.

So now I want to test both the PSU and the leads. Both of them work as a 6 contact, but only one work as a 8 contact, but all of them should work. We are after all taking about a brand new Corsair RM750x and I got two of them, so I changed over the leads.. guess what?

Still broken one way and not the other, so that means its the frigging contacts from the PSU, changed over the PSU and still the same. That means that this isn't a fail or a error, it's a design choice. Damn it all to bleep

The only problem now is that I should really need a new test monitor with HDMI and display port, a second testing mouse and keyboard package would be bad either. Then dumb me got the odd idea of setting up my Steam library with its own SSD and a slower disk for the slower games. Plus In need to change my cpu fan for a smaller one to make it fit into the case thanks to the Nocthua's double tower cooler with 2 140 fans not being small, I think I 120 fan will make it fit, so I ordered that too. Suddenly I have got parts for about 500$ coming my way, because I didn't think of this or that and oh that might be a good idea. I could build a new right for that, dang it or add a little and get a 3080 when it becomes available. I wish I knew what I was thinking in the moment, but at least the new build seems to work now.

Swapping the leads fixed it?? Who knew?? Bios firmware upgrade next.

Now I just need to stay far far way from onine shopping for a few months and live on bread and water, eh, it isn't that bad, though a few months with spending little wouldn't hurt.