Question ASUS TUF x570 M.2 SSD Thermal Pad on Heatsink Replacement

Jun 2, 2022
Hello!

I have this motherboard: https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards-Components/Motherboards/TUF-Gaming/TUF-GAMING-X570-PLUS-WI-FI/

I have two M.2 SSD's installed on the Motherboard, The lower one with the metal heatsink cover died. I have since purchased a new SSD however when lifting the heatsink the green thermal tape/pad peeled off and broke. I didn't feel comfortable putting the damaged pad back on the new SSD.

The top SSD does not have a heatsink, didn't come with one. Probably bad but I do not monitor temps on it.

I have contact ASUS for a replacement. They basically told me "haha no"

I cannot find ANY information on what thermal pad/tape or whatever to replace on the little metallic part. Here is some pictures of what I'm talking about.

View: https://imgur.com/a/4kKk2H0

Can anyone help me? I have searched high and low and don't have the money to be buying thousands of thermal pads/tape or at worst a new SSD.

Lutfij

Titan
If you have a sample of the thermal pad, why not grab a ruler and then measure the dimensions of the thermal pad? You can then use that dimension to narrow down pads. If you want the high quality stuff, you could look into Fujipoly pads but they are expensive. Also you might want to look into finned heatsinks for cooling the SSD as case airflow can aid in removing heat from SSD's...provided they run hot. Speaking of hot, what are the makes and models of the SSD's you're working with?

Jun 2, 2022
If you have a sample of the thermal pad, why not grab a ruler and then measure the dimensions of the thermal pad? You can then use that dimension to narrow down pads. If you want the high quality stuff, you could look into Fujipoly pads but they are expensive. Also you might want to look into finned heatsinks for cooling the SSD as case airflow can aid in removing heat from SSD's...provided they run hot. Speaking of hot, what are the makes and models of the SSD's you're working with?

Thank you for your reply!

The SSD I'm trying to get the pad for is a 970 2TB Evo Plus. The current one in my PC is a 970 500GB Evo Plus.

The one that broke was a 970 1TB Evo Plus.

I'm not sure if a finned heatsink would work as my GPU is vertically mounted and I'm unsure if there is space between it.

Unfortunately when the heatsink was originally removed to replace the broken M.2 it stretched and tore, so I can't get it to go back to its original size, and I don't know how to measure the thickness.

I just really can't afford ANOTHER SSD :/

Jun 2, 2022

Sorry to pester you but do you have any other insight on what I should do? Sorry this got no traction and me looking in other places has not gone anywhere.

TRENDING THREADS