Question Asus Tuf X570 Orange Dram Light

Dec 31, 2020
Gurus,

Before I posted here I did search for this in the forums. It seems this is not exactly an extremely rare problem.

My situation differs from the others in that once I did my build it booted up and I got into the Bios menu. The only thing of note was that there was a warning that my gpu was not UEFI compliant and that compatibility mode/settings would be used. I clicked to continue on to the Bios.

Once in the Bios I noticed the date was off by quite a bit, February of 2019. Just thought I should mention that. I thought CMOS kept that current. Going to the boot menu I saw my new Corsair NVME and the USB that I was going to use to install windows 10. What surprised me was there were two USB listing both USB 2.0 btw. One referred to a generic USB and the other was the same but had the phrase "partitioned " in it. I chose the generic one as the boot drive, saved, and exited.

The pc rebooted and the Tuf logo came on the monitor and the USB lit up for about 30 seconds and then went dark like it was done. The Tuff logo stayed on the screen . I waited about 5 minutes and thought something was wrong so I rebooted.

SIne then the orange dram light stays on. Like everyone else everything fires up just fine. No beep code though and no display. I'm assuming it won't boot but that might be because there is no display to see.

The gpu in question is an hd5770. I actually bought a GTX 1660 to install but I didn't have an adapter for my monitor. I figured I'd go ahead and get Win 10 installed tonight and address the adapter tomorrow.

I've swapped the memory in the slots. Put in the identical memory (brand new) I'm going to use for another build. The only thing I haven't done is reset the cmos. FYI - the memory is on the QVL list. The CPU is a Ryzen 5 3600X

Any help, suggestions, or theories would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Fredisius

Gurus,

Before I posted here I did search for this in the forums. It seems this is not exactly an extremely rare problem.

My situation differs from the others in that once I did my build it booted up and I got into the Bios menu. The only thing of note was that there was a warning that my gpu was not UEFI compliant and that compatibility mode/settings would be used. I clicked to continue on to the Bios.

Once in the Bios I noticed the date was off by quite a bit, February of 2019. Just thought I should mention that. I thought CMOS kept that current. Going to the boot menu I saw my new Corsair NVME and the USB that I was going to use to install windows 10. What surprised me was there were two USB listing both USB 2.0 btw. One referred to a generic USB and the other was the same but had the phrase "partitioned " in it. I chose the generic one as the boot drive, saved, and exited.

The pc rebooted and the Tuf logo came on the monitor and the USB lit up for about 30 seconds and then went dark like it was done. The Tuff logo stayed on the screen . I waited about 5 minutes and thought something was wrong so I rebooted.

SIne then the orange dram light stays on. Like everyone else everything fires up just fine. No beep code though and no display. I'm assuming it won't boot but that might be because there is no display to see.

The gpu in question is an hd5770. I actually bought a GTX 1660 to install but I didn't have an adapter for my monitor. I figured I'd go ahead and get Win 10 installed tonight and address the adapter tomorrow.

I've swapped the memory in the slots. Put in the identical memory (brand new) I'm going to use for another build. The only thing I haven't done is reset the cmos. FYI - the memory is on the QVL list. The CPU is a Ryzen 5 3600X

Any help, suggestions, or theories would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Fredisius
tried to update the bios to the latest via bios flashback?

Dec 31, 2020
Koe,

I looked that up and was going to do that but this motherboard doesn't have the BIOS flashback button. If there's another method to do a reset then I'm willing to try it.

My only theory is that, since I don't even get a posting beep for VGA detected, using another UEFI compliant video card might help.

Appreciate the help,

Fredisius

I looked that up and was going to do that but this motherboard doesn't have the BIOS flashback button. If there's another method to do a reset then I'm willing to try it.
wew, which Tuf x570 is yours?

My only theory is that, since I don't even get a posting beep for VGA detected, using another UEFI compliant video card might help.
this might could help, i tought that the motherboard is csm disabled (which shouldn't be happening in stock bios). but yeah, maybe you could bring it to a local pc techinican and use their available resources to help turn on the mobo.

Dec 31, 2020
Koe,

Some progress. I reset the CMOS by removing the battery for 10 minutes. I also put in my GTX 1660 gpu.

When I power up I get a single beep and the TUF logo screen comes up. At the bottom it says to use the delete or f2 key to go into bios set up. Even though the keyboard is powered there is no response regardless of which key I push.

The orange dram light is still on. I have tried two dual-channel kits on that mobo and no change in the orange dram light. The only thing that stands out is when I first booted with the I had no trouble getting into bios - aside from the UEFI warning about the gpu. When I rebooted to load windows 10 via a USB drive, it lit up for 10-15 seconds and then didn't do anything else. I waited 4-5 mins for windows to come up or something to happen but nothing did. The next time I tried to boot - no post beep and no signal from the old gpu.

So part of the issue has been fixed. I can't imagine buying more ram to test is the answer. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Fredisius

Latest posts