Question Asus TUF X570-Plus wifi, will only go to BIOS, no bootable devices detected

May 19, 2023
Hello all
I have the Asus TUF X570 Plus (Wifi)
This system board has the 4 lights on the board that cycle as it goes through POST
So starts out Amber->Red->White, then will go back to Amber->Red->White->Green and then enter BIOS
In BIOS, the DDR 4 memory is at slowest speed, even though it is 3600 memory
It also says "No bootable devices detected" But sees both my SATA and nVME drives.
So I am wondering is it possible for this board to even get video if the memory I have for it isn't correct?

I have 2 sets of memory
One is G. Skill, optimized for Intel, DDR 3600, F4-3600C18-16GVK
The other is Cosair Vengence PRO CMW32GX4M2D3600C18
Neither are on the compatibility list.
So my problem may very well be the memory.
But would this thing even get video or go into BIOS if the memory wasn't compatible?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard at this moment of time? As for your motherboard, what processor and bootable drive have you paired with it? If you're recycling the boot drive from an older platform, you will need to reinstall the OS.

May 19, 2023
Hi and thank you
BIOS Ver is 3801
CPU is Ryzen 5 5500
And yes, OS is installed on another system.....man I don't want to reinstall, but I will give it a go.

May 19, 2023
Follow up on this
I use Macrium Reflect to back up my system
It allows you to create boot media to restore things, and tools to fix the boot record and pointers
I used that and it allowed me to get my drive working without having to reinstall things.